40-YARD DASH: 4.53 SEC
BENCH PRESS: 14 REPS
VERTICAL JUMP: 36.5 INCH
BROAD JUMP: 128.0 INCH
3-CONE DRILL: 7.30 SEC
20-YARD SHUTTLE: 4.33 SEC
60-YARD SHUTTLE: 11.72 SEC
- Has a great NFL frame and body
- Long arms
- Can high point the ball
- Great initial quickness off of the snap
- Effective route runner
- Uses his body to keep corners away from the ball
- On throws looking like interceptions, he becomes the defender
- Long strider
- Quick hands to snatch the pass
- Great timing to go get the ball
- Willing blocker
- Huge catch radius
- Gets shut down when faced with press coverage
- Needs a lot of work to clean up his route running
- Needs to help out his quarterback more and work back to underneath passes
- Small hands
- 13 drops over the last two seasons
- Long legs hinder a lot of what he can do off of the snap
- Long strider without good speed
- Serious medical concerns
- Immature on the field
- Faced a lot of cornerbacks who are not NFL backup caliber players
Garrett is filled with potential, but needs a lot of work to get there. He doesn’t bring value as a special teams player, which will hurt him for his rookie season. His hands are a major concern for teams, who attribute his drops to them being small.
Garrett really took advantage of the level of competition he played against, but when faced with better competition his struggles were clear. A team will fall in love with his size and potential, and likely overdraft him. Issue is, they need to be deep at receiver already in order to give Garrett the time to be coached up.
This makes Denver a good fit, as they're extremely deep at receiver and can give him time on the practice squad to get him coached up to the point he can make an impact on offense. However, Garrett will never be a No. 1, but may be best suited as a No. 3 receiver, who comes in on the outside, moving another receiver into the slot. If he can improve his routes, he could use his size as a tremendous mismatch as a slot receiver.
Broncos Round Projection: Late 6th-Late 7th
Where He Goes: Mid 5th-Mid 6th
Per sources: His small hands have rendered him undraftable by a few different teams whose scouts I have talked with.
To get instant Broncos notifications, download the NEW Scout mobile app for iOS HERE!
Be sure to check out the ever-growing benefit package of being a Mile High Huddle Insider! Check it out HERE.