40-YARD DASH: 4.48 SEC
BENCH PRESS: 20 REPS
VERTICAL JUMP: 41.0 INCH
BROAD JUMP: 123.0 INCH
3-CONE DRILL: 7.00 SEC
20-YARD SHUTTLE: 4.35 SEC
- Excellent quickness in his routes, including in and out of cuts
- Consistent speed through his cuts
- Can turn on the gas out of breaks to get instant separation
- Top end competitor
- Can run any route from the slot
- Clean double moves and makes defenders bits nearly every time
- Can take the top off a defense instantly
- Great agility to make defenders miss after the catch
- Excellent ability to adjust to throws
- Willing to take hits to make the catch, even over the middle
- Makes the difficult catches
- 253 catches to only eight drops
- Excellent work ethic
- Character on and off the field is outstanding
- Willing blocker
- Multi sport athlete in high school
- Amazing athleticism
- Has excellent potential as a returner
- Lacks play strength to fight off press defenders
- Can get manipulated by more physical defenders
- Quicker than fast
- Catch radius is just ok for his size
- Too pretty at times, uses too many moves off his release. Needs to just go at times
- Relies on good route running to get separation more than speed
A year ago ,one Tyler Lockett took the pre-draft analysis by storm, and turned it into a great rookie season. Sterling Shepard is very similar in style, size and what he can do to Lockett. I am a huge fan of Shepard and have a first round grade on him. However, he will be limited in the NFL to a slot receiver and needs an offense who can get clever in how they use him. He fits in any style of offense, so long as they can get him to fit.
For the Denver Broncos, I would love to see Shepard on the team. Adding him to the wide receiver corps would give Denver the best group in the NFL — by a mile. He also would add a return man that the Broncos have been missing since Omar Bolden left for Chicago. Issue is, Shepard will go higher than the Broncos should be willing to select a receiver.
Broncos Round Projection: Late 2nd-Late 3rd
Where He Goes: Late 1st-Late 2nd
Per sources: A few sources I have talked with said that Shepard has first round talent, but teams want to spend first round picks on only No. 1 receivers and not complimentary guys.
To get instant Broncos notifications, download the NEW Scout mobile app for iOS HERE!
Be sure to check out the ever-growing benefit package of being a Mile High Huddle Insider! Check it out HERE.