40-YARD DASH: 4.69 SEC
BENCH PRESS: 12 REPS
VERTICAL JUMP: 35.0 INCH
BROAD JUMP: 114.0 INCH
3-CONE DRILL: 7.09 SEC
20-YARD SHUTTLE: 4.20 SEC
60-YARD SHUTTLE: 11.90 SEC
- Only three drops on 288 targets
- Willing to take hits over the middle
- Can make the consisted catches on a regular basis
- Good return man and a fearless returner
- Can change his speed in and out of routes to get separation
- Clever with his double moves
- Good strength to fight through press
- Solid blocker, despite lacking technique
- Excellent production
- Hard worker on and off the field
- Good character
- Limited speed and quickness
- Defenders know he doesn’t have a top end gear
- Lacks proper technique when asked to block
- Not a high pointing receiver
- Compact build without long limbs
- Limited athlete
When looking for a receiver/returner in the fifth round and later, Nelson Spruce is the one to look at. I am a big fan of Spruce, despite his limited athleticism. He is a hard worker and will do whatever he needs to in order to help his team win. When it comes to the Denver Broncos, the true value he brings comes as a returner.
The Broncos need a returner who can help them. They have Jordan Norwood, but he has never been able to cut it as a return man. Spruce adds competition there, and can have an impact as part of the receiving corps and keeping others fresh. If Spruce is there in the fifth/sixth round for the the Broncos, they should look his way.
Broncos Round Projection: Mid 5th-Late 6th
Where He Goes: Mid 4th-Mid 6th
To get instant Broncos notifications, download the NEW Scout mobile app for iOS HERE!
Be sure to check out the ever-growing benefit package of being a Mile High Huddle Insider! Check it out HERE.