BENCH PRESS (225 lbs): 17 REPS
VERTICAL JUMP: 30.5 INCH
BROAD JUMP: 111.0 INCH
3-CONE DRILL: 7.05 SEC
20-YARD SHUTTLE: 4.20 SEC
60-YARD SHUTTLE: 11.50 SEC
- Great NFL body and frame
- Excellent at finding the opening against Zone defense
- Keeps working to get himself open for easy throws from the quarterback
- Long limbs
- Trustworthy pass blocker
- Really good run blocker
- Well-rounded skill-set
- Muscular and athletic
- Big hands
- Willing to take hits over the middle
- Can make the contested catch with what seems to be ease
- Fluid with his movements
- Can make sharp cuts with ease
- Excellent body control
- Big catch radius
- Can line up all over the field
- Versatile in both scheme and ability
- Smart kid with a high football IQ
- Needs to improve hand technique and leverage as a run blocker
- Needs to be tougher as a blocker
- Limited after the catch because his legs are easily chopped
- Needs to work on getting separation
- Has to improve his technique as a blocker
- Allows edge defenders to get outside of his blocks too quick
- Has to fire off the snap better as a receiver and a blocker
When looking for a tight end in this class, it is hard to not immediately jump to Vannett. His ceiling is through the roof, and probably the highest in the class. He has a rare combination of size, speed, athleticism and well-rounded skill-set for a tight end that you don’t see often immediately out of college.
With the Denver Broncos need for a tight end, Vannett is the perfect fit. He could do whatever was asked of him, from all over the field. His skill-set should make him hard to pass up for the Broncos. With questions about Jeff Heuerman coming off a serious injury, than Virgil Green being unable to carve out a role on offense besides blocker, there is a major need for that third tight end. The only issue is, Vannett likely will go in the second round, which may be higher than the Broncos would be willing to go for tight end help.
Broncos Round Projection: Mid/Late 2nd
Where He Goes: Early/Mid 2nd
Per sources: Multiple teams have Nick Vannett as the top tight end, and some can see him going as high as the late first round.
To get instant Broncos notifications, download the NEW Scout mobile app for iOS HERE!
Be sure to check out the ever-growing benefit package of being a Mile High Huddle Insider! Check it out HERE.