40-YARD DASH: 5.11 SEC
BENCH PRESS: 33 REPS
BROAD JUMP: 109.0 INCH
3-CONE DRILL: 7.50 SEC
20-YARD SHUTTLE: 4.65 SEC
- Posses outstanding strength
- Good technique when attacking the second level
- Excellent angles
- Broad waist
- Never missed any games
- Good short area quickness and agility
- Good enough athleticism
- Can shut down moves to the inside with a quick first step
- Well-balanced pass sets
- Smooth player
- Good hand work
- Heavy punch in pass protection
- Aware of what is going on around him
- Can block pass rush moves that defenders string together
- Raw sets in pass protection
- Has to get better at not over committing
- Needs to trust his footwork
- Has to keep his feet tight
- Not a NFL offensive tackle, where he has played at in college. Limited to G or a move to C isn’t out of the question
- Limited to a zone scheme
- Short arms
- Needs to use his heavy punch more often and consistently
- Top heavy player
- Doesn’t change direction quickly enough consistently
- Has to get his butt lower/bend better
- Needs to get an understanding of leverage and how it works
I like McGovern, but he has many holes in his game that may take him a little while to adjust to the NFL game. He should be able to contribute right away as a run blocker, but the pass protection should see him as a depth piece for his first year.
*In the video below, McGovern (#60) is playing left tackle.
For a zone scheme team as a late day two or early day 3, McGovern could pay dividends in a year or two. The Denver Broncos need depth at guard, so they could look the way of McGovern, but they have a couple of project guys at guard already for depth.
Broncos Round Projection: Early 4th-Late 4th
Where He Goes: Late 3rd-Late 4th
Per sources: He played with some great talents on that Missouri offensive line, but his short arms will see him on the interior and not tackle. Most teams view him as a center, and no one I talked with said he should start year one.
To get instant Broncos notifications, download the NEW Scout mobile app for iOS HERE!
Be sure to check out the ever-growing benefit package of being a Mile High Huddle Insider! Check it out HERE.