IHAVETHEANSWERS wrote: A team that gives up 30PPG and 150+ yards on the ground isn't "close"
Browns win less than 4 games this year. Rookie just can't make that much of an impact in year 1.
1) I think Garrett can (although not necessarily against the run, which was your point)
2) Ogbah and Nassib are now in year 2
3) We have Collins for a full year
4) Shelton had another off season to further re-make his body which rivaled "the blob" his rookie year
5) We keep hearing from posters how 3-5 year re-builds are crap because plenty of teams have turned it around in 1 year. You say 30ppg and 150+ yards on the ground can't be turned around in 1 year. Which is it?
It's that people don't notice a team until they get wins. Quality rebuilds often fly under the radar for a couple seasons at least before the record takes a jump. It takes longer than a year, most people just aren't paying attention.