Archive for October, 2010
It’s Official: Ratty Has Returned
Don Delco on October 12th, 2010 AT 4:24 PM
Below is the official press relese by the Browns, regarding the re-signing of quarterback Brett Ratliff.
The Cleveland Browns signed quarterback Brett Ratliff off New England's practice squad, the team announced. In addition the club terminated the contract of wide receiver Sam Aiken.
Originally signed by the New York Jets as an undrafted free agent on May 12, 2007, Ratliff spent the 2007 season on the Jets' practice squad and 2008 season as the third quarterback for all 16 games before being traded to Cleveland on April 25, 2009. Ratliff served as the third quarterback with the Browns for the first 14 games of 2009 and the backup for the final two contests. He was waived by Cleveland on September 4, 2010 and spent parts of the 2010 season on the practice squads of Jacksonville and New England.
A two-year letterman at the University of Utah (2005-06), Ratliff completed 228 of 391 passes for 2,796 yards with 23 touchdowns and nine interceptions. Born on August 8, 1985, the 6-4, 224-pound Ratliff is a native of Chico Calif., where he attended Chico High School.
He will wear uniform number 5.
Hitting the air in four minutes! Listen on 1540AM or ESPNCleveland.com. Call us at 216-583-9527.
OBR Radio coming up! Who would you start: McCoy, Ratliff, Cribbs, or Don Strock. We’ll discuss your tweets at 4PM-1540AM / espncleveland.com
(Subscriber) Xs & Os: Doubting Thomas?: In Sunday’s game vs. Atlanta, Browns’ All-Pro left tackle Joe Thomas allow… http://bit.ly/aidQ7V
@AmautaCoffee Yes, it is Strock. My typing not so good is.
Who should start at QB: McCoy, Ratliff, Cribbs, or Don Stock? And why? We’ll discuss your tweet replies @ 4PM on 1540AM / espncleveland.com.
TSX: Browns’ Week 5 Grades: After the Browns fell, painfully, to 1-4 in a 20-10 loss to the Falcons last Sunday, t… http://bit.ly/bYRrYU
Latest Links from the OBR Newswire
OBR Newswire on October 12th, 2010 AT 8:00 AM
These are links from the OBR Newswire for October 12th from 07:11 to 07:14:
- Canton Repository – Kosar thinks it’s a mistake to ride Colt McCoy now – Time flies. Bernie Kosar blew through Stark County on Monday a few days after the 25th anniversary of his first game as a Cleveland Brown.
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette – Loss at Cleveland in ’09 bitter – The NFL provided the Steelers a break even as its commissioner suspended quarterback Ben Roethlisberger for the first four games of the season.
- Akron Beacon Journal – Browns scrambling to find QB – The Big Show's plan for rookie quarterback Colt McCoy might turn out to be a big flop.
- Lorain Morning Journal – Hillis bruised and battered – Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace are not the only battered Browns coach Eric Mangini has to worry about.
- National Football Post – Odds on first NFL coach to get fired – Despite the fact that 49ers owner and team president Jed York predicted Monday morning that his team would still win the NFC West, you can’t help but think that at 0-5, the Niners are in a world of trouble. But San Francisco isn’t the only team that woke up Monday morning thinking about how their season has gotten off to a miserable start
Browns-Falcons: Joe’s Game Review: Joe Brownlee offers his observations following Browns fourth loss this season. http://bit.ly/dezLbR
Vodcast: OBR / FSN Ohio Chat: Zac Jackson and Fred Greetham talk Browns! Join us every Monday at 11AM for live vid… http://bit.ly/9ip5tI
@fte88 It’s sure sounding like it will be McCoy. It is OK to cringe in fear.
@revbobmek I dunno… can we sack Roethlisberger as many times as we did last year? I’m not confident about that.
McCoy, Ratliff in the Mix: The head coach is uncommunicative, but the writing is on the wall. Fred Greetham repo… http://bit.ly/aoKCkK