Thomas Named to Fourth Pro Bowl: Left Tackle the Fifth Browns OL to Achieve 4-Time Pro Bowl Status http://bit.ly/hAzJnx
(Subscriber) Xs & Os: Browns Find a New Option: Doug Farrar details apart the Browns brief shining moment on Sun… http://bit.ly/hF61X0
Latest Links from the OBR Newswire
OBR Newswire on December 28th, 2010 AT 7:00 PM
These are links from the OBR Newswire for December 28th from 17:47 to 18:24:
- News-Herald – Dawson Is Kicking Himself After Failed Onside Kick – The Browns reached into their bag of tricks at the start of the third quarter and pulled out an onside kick. Everything worked except the kick.
- Pro Football Weekly – Hillis Starts Strong, Limps To The Finish – If you're someone who picked up Peyton Hillis early on, odds are you had a great regular season. Unfortunately, you also likely had a quick playoff exit.
- Times-Reporter – Can Colt McCoy Function In The Cold? – I'm not sure what "function" means here. Did McCoy's body entire body freeze up last Sunday?
- PD – Source Says Joe Thomas a Pro Bowler – Thomas has made the Pro Bowl in each of his three previous NFL seasons with the Browns. Some have considered this a down year for Thomas, citing some breakdowns in pass protection against Tampa Bay and Atlanta. Each resulted in high ankle sprain suffered by quarterbacks Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace.
- Chronicle-Telegram – Hillis’ Recent Slide Continues – Browns running back Peyton Hillis’ breakthrough season isn’t ending with a flourish. The Pro Bowl hopeful was held to 35 rushing yards on 12 carries Sunday in Cleveland’s 20-10 loss to the Baltimore Ravens.
- Fox Sports Ohio Blog – Remembering What It’s Like To Be A Browns Fan – I'll never forget the feeling I'd get as a little kid when I'd go to a stadium or an arena with one of my parents.
- Baltimore Sun – Differing Views on Pass Interference Call – Did Cleveland Browns wide receiver Brian Robiskie push off on Ravens cornerback Lardarius Webb on a potentially game-altering play in the third quarter of the Ravens’ 20-10 victory Sunday?
- Seattle Times – Holmgren Says He Learned From Mistakes As Seattle’s General Manager – If the strain of high expectations weighs heavily on Mike Holmgren, you couldn't tell as he sat behind the desk inside his spacious corner office at Cleveland Browns headquarters.
- ESPN – AFC North Blog – Week 16 Decisive Moment – The Cleveland Browns tried a remake of a key play from Super Bowl XLIV in Week 16. But Cleveland didn't get the same results the defending champion New Orleans Saints had against the Indianapolis Colts.
- ESPN.com – Union: NFL players, owners sense urgency in labor talks – ESPN – Union executive committee member Brian Dawkins says he believes NFL owners and players have a sense of urgency to avoid a lockout because they don't want to alienate fans.
A Game of Inches: Although the sacks haven’t come in bunches, Marcus Benard is evolving as a pass rusher. http://bit.ly/fwommC
Browns-Ravens: Joe’s Game Review: Turnovers, coaching decisions led to Browns demise vs. Ravens http://bit.ly/hGiGeE
Latest Links from the OBR Newswire
OBR Newswire on December 28th, 2010 AT 9:00 AM
These are links from the OBR Newswire for December 28th from 08:15 to 08:19:
- Akron Beacon Journal – Poor performances may sink Mangini – Say what you want about Browns coach Eric Mangini, but his players have not given up on him.
- Canton Repository – Can Browns’ Colt McCoy function in the colt? – After a heat wave blows by Lake Erie, it’s supposed to get cold again for the Browns’ season finale.
- The Associated Press – Browns hope Mangini returns for third season – His destiny's unknown and in team president Mike Holmgren's hands. Eric Mangini could be down to his final days with the Browns.
- Plain Dealer – Livingston: In coaching the Cleveland Browns to win the hard way, Eric Mangini makes Mike Holmgren’s decision easy – No telling what got into Eric Mangini in the game before the bye week, when the Browns crossfield-lateraled and fake-punted their way past the defending Super Bowl champions in the New Orleans Saints' scream machine.
- Akron Beacon Journal – Players come out in support of Mangini – The Browns' players had resisted answering questions about coach Eric Mangini's future for weeks. On Monday, they changed their tune.
- Canton Repository – Mangini gives plenty reasons to keep his Browns job – Eric Mangini is hunkering down for what could be his last week with the Browns.
- Morning Journal – A man with allies: Coach Eric Mangini still has support of Browns players – Mike Holmgren might want to poll the locker room before dropping the ax on Eric Mangini next week, if indeed that is the intent of the Browns’ quiet president.
- News-Herald – Rob Ryan a head coach candidate? – Whether or not team president Mike Holmgren decides to bulldoze the entire coaching staff next week, the Browns could be looking for a new defensive coordinator if Sheldon Brown’s crystal ball is working properly.