Fewell Could Be Headed Back: The Carolina Panthers called an afternoon press conference to introduce San Diego d… http://bit.ly/ebdePn
Fan View: Gruden Means Lombardi: Andrew S. is convinced that “Chucky” will demand nothing but the best in Clevel… http://bit.ly/fS42JS
The Forgotten Question: While the current coaching search revolves around the offense, it's worth asking what wi… http://bit.ly/h4fOdc
Latest Links from the OBR Newswire
OBR Newswire on January 11th, 2011 AT 11:00 AM
These are links from the OBR Newswire for January 11th from 09:55 to 09:59:
- Canton Repository – Just who is Pat Shurmur? – A video study of Pat Shurmur’s weekly press conferences in 2010 provides some clues about what Browns fans might expect if he became the head coach.
- Canton Repository – Rams’ Shurmur’s ties to Holmgren run deep – Mike Holmgren would have a rough time explaining Pat Shurmur to Browns fans thirsting for star power in the next field boss.
- News-Herald – Browns’ coaching search: Shurmur could be in the lead – The coaching search is continuing for the Browns this week amid reports Rams offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur is the early front-runner to succeed Eric Mangini.
- AOL FanHouse – Jeff Saturday on Possible Lockout: ’100 Percent the Owners’ Decision’ – As Jeff Saturday and many, many NFL players see it, the issue clouding the 2011 NFL offseason couldn't be more clear. Their view is pretty simple, too: The fate of the 2011 season rests with the NFL owners.
- ESPN.com – If the Rams lose Pat Shurmur to Browns – ESPN's Adam Schefter calls St. Louis Rams offensive coordinator Pat Shumur the favorite to coach the Cleveland Browns.
- ESPN.com – Holmgren and Browns’ interest in Shurmur – The Cleveland Browns' interest in St. Louis Rams' offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur, 45, makes sense on a couple of levels.
- Elyria Chronicle-Telegram – Browns players looking for second jobs – Brian Schaefering had a message he wanted delivered. “Tell your readers I’m willing to take any job,” he said. “I’m not picky.”
Joe’s Personnel Evaluation: Defense: With the season complete, Joe Brownlee examines the Browns’ personnel. Toda… http://bit.ly/huqCYi
Latest Links from the OBR Newswire
OBR Newswire on January 10th, 2011 AT 6:00 PM
These are links from the OBR Newswire for January 10th from 15:09 to 17:04:
- National Football Post – Browns Interview Shurmur – The first candidate in for a formal interview, Shurmur, 45, is appealing because of his work with St. Louis rookie quarterback Sam Bradford. The Browns want to further develop rookie Colt McCoy for the future.
- WEWS.com – Assessing the Cleveland Browns Off-Season Needs – Less than 24 hours after the Cleveland Browns lost to the Pittsburgh Steelers to cap off a disappointing 5-11 season, team President Mike Holmgren had already started the process of making significant off-season changes.
- News-Herald – Sizing Up the Browns’ Roster, Future – The new coach will be the fifth coach for the Browns in 13 years, but for the first time, the people who selected players for the former coach are still in charge.
- Ohio.com – Many Hurdles Need to be Cleared in Browns Offseason – You know what that means, right? Browns fans see this as another classic example of ''Here we go again.''
- Atlanta Journal Constitution – Mularkey Back at Work, Mum on His Interview With Browns – Falcons offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey was back at work on Sunday, breaking down film of Green Bay and Seattle. He didn’t want to discuss his interview with Cleveland on Saturday.
- Read and React – Whither Goest Thou, Eric Mangini? – Two years in Cleveland. The family trips to the Galleria mall downtown. The office where you met Mike Holmgren for a final time. He spoke to you about Al Haig, you were barely listening, the snow was falling outside his window.