Browns Adjusting to 4-3 Defense: Latest roster moves reflect the Browns’ will adjust Dick Jauron’s scheme. http://bit.ly/g3rP3b
Offseason Primer – What We Know: Uncertain labor issues aside, the Browns needs far outweight the wants. http://bit.ly/e7Ks5o
OBR Newswire updates for March 3rd through March 4th
OBR Newswire on March 4th, 2011 AT 7:00 AM
These are links from the OBR Newswire for March 3rd through March 4th:
- Plain Dealer – Tony Grossi’s 2011 NFL Mock Draft: Version 2.0 – The NFL Network's coverage of the NFL Scouting Combine has taken pre-draft hysteria to another level.
- The Associated Press: Browns sign QB Seneca Wallace – Seneca Wallace is staying with the Cleveland Browns.
- Plain Dealer – Pluto: NFL owners, players must maintain competitive balance – Talking to myself about the NFL labor/management mess …
- ESPN.com – Thoughts on Seneca Wallace, Browns – As the NFL remains in serious jeopardy of a lockout, the Cleveland Browns made one last move at quarterback. Cleveland signed backup Seneca Wallace to three-year deal Thursday evening, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports.
- Yahoo! Sports – NFL’s CBA talks enter do-or-die phase – So much uncertainty remains when it comes to the NFL’s ever-fluid labor situation, but as we head into a Friday that will likely rank among the most significant days in the history of owner-player relations in major professional sports, this much is clear: For football fans, the hours between now and midnight Saturday will either be awful or awesome, and probably nowhere in between.
- Yahoo! Sports – Tight leash on Goodell strangles NFL owners – NFL owners got a harsh dose of reality Thursday when it became stunningly apparent that the players are fully behind DeMaurice Smith, the executive director of the NFL Players Association.
- Pro Football Talk – Mike Holmgren nearly hired himself to coach the Browns – Before and after Browns president Mike Holmgren fired coach Eric Mangini, the Big Show had been dropping big hints about the possibility that the best man for the job could be the man deciding who will fill it. In the end, Holmgren hired Pat Shurmur.
- Pro Football Talk – PFT Heroes 2010: Joe Thomas – Offensive linemen tend to be forgotten, at every level of football. Indeed, we posted a poll with the finalists for the PFT Heroes Award for the best offensive lineman of 2010.