Latest Links from the OBR Newswire
OBR Newswire on March 7th, 2011 AT 11:00 AM
These are links from the OBR Newswire for March 7th from 10:37 to 10:40:
- Plain Dealer – NFL and players union using weekend to assess positions; labor talks resume Monday – Those optimistic about the NFL’s labor talks with the players’ union will point to the sides’ decision to push back the bargaining deadline by a week and think, as Commissioner Roger Goodell put it: “The fact that we’re continuing this dialogue is a positive sign.”
- Akron Beacon Journal – Browns choices in draft grow if quarterbacks go early – Browns fans need not worry which second- or third-day quarterback will tickle president Mike Holmgren's fancy in this April's NFL Draft.
- Plain Dealer – Sixth pick is no guarantee of pro football stardom – No. 6 is No. 1: Picking sixth in the first round — as the Browns do this season — has not been the most productive position in recent times.
- The Associated Press – Braylon Edwards due in court Monday in DWI case – New York Jets star wide receiver Braylon Edwards is due to get an answer to his bid to get his drunken-driving case tossed out.
- News-Herald – Jeff Schudel’s NFL notes: New offense has many definitions – For the past two months, we have been writing about the West Coast offense new coach Pat Shurmur will run as though the strategy alone is the magic cure to turn the Browns from perennial losers to a perennial playoff team.
- The Associated Press – NFL, union separated by more than money – With five more days and nights — at least — to reach an agreement, the NFL and the players' union might find money off the top is not the bottom line.