About Patrick Peterson: It’s unclear if he is doing a private workout. We do know he, at the least, is going to visit.
Peterson to work out for Browns on Wednesday: Hot News for CB Patrick Peterson http://bit.ly/gSyqRa
The OBR’s Brent Sobleski has learned LSU cornerback Patrick Peterson will work out for the Browns on Wednesday.
Browns Strength Coach Named to USA Football Committee
Don Delco on March 15th, 2011 AT 12:26 PM
The Cleveland Browns announced March 15 that its strength and conditioning coach, Kent Johnston, has been named to the USA Football’s Football and Wellness Committee.
The committee is designed to further promote the best practices for America’s youth and amateur football community.
Here is the rest of the release:
Johnston brings more than 25 years of coaching experience on both the collegiate and professional levels. Along with the Browns, he has been the strength and conditioning coach for the University of Alabama, Seattle Seahawks, Green Bay Packers and Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He also serves as USA Football's physical skills expert.
USA Football, the sport's national governing body, assembled the committee of 26 experts spanning football coaching, player health and other areas to help shape its development resources and membership offerings to foster positive youth and amateur football experiences. The committee's expertise will be shared through usafootball.com, USA Football Magazine and the more than 80 annual USA Football training events conducted across the country and attended by youth coaches, players and league commissioners.
The Football and Wellness Committee also includes experts in the fields of equipment fitting, sports medicine, first aid, team sports insurance, neurology, orthopedics, exercise science, nutrition and athlete hydration. The committee roster represents the American Red Cross, the Andrews Institute, Gatorade Sports Science Institute, the National Center for Sport Safety and several leading universities.
"Bringing these leaders and their diversity of expertise together through USA Football's resources and programs is significant for the sport," USA Football Executive Director Scott Hallenbeck said. "We're proud to bring Coach Johnston's knowledge and integrity to America's grassroots football community."
(Subscriber) CBA Q&A (Part One): The OBR talks NFL’s labor issues with law professor Geoffrey Rapp. http://bit.ly/e8rASN
Latest Links from the OBR Newswire
OBR Newswire on March 15th, 2011 AT 9:00 AM
These are links from the OBR Newswire for March 15th from 08:25 to 08:27:
- Plain Dealer – Pluto: In the NFL’s latest labor showdown, the only sure losers are the adoring fans – Mike Holmgren seems to be a man with a good heart and decent intentions. If more people such as the Browns president were on the negotiating teams for both sides, the NFL labor dispute would probably have been already settled.
- Akron Beacon Journal – Browns’ Holmgren asks fans ‘to hang in there’ – Browns President Mike Holmgren realizes most Cleveland sports fans have grown weary of being asked for their patience. But in the midst of the NFL's first work stoppage since 1987, Holmgren boldly asked them again.
- Akron Beacon Journal – Browns notebook: Holmgren keeping NFL Draft options open for late April – Browns President Mike Holmgren insists he's keeping all options on the table heading into the NFL Draft in late April.
- Elyria Chronicle-Telegram – Mike Holmgren wants fans to keep the faith – These are dark days in the NFL. The first work stoppage since 1987 – because the owners and players can’t agree how to divide $9 billion in revenues – has some fans irritated and the others irate.
- ESPN.com – Von Miller meeting with Bills this week – Miller will meet the Buffalo Bills on Wednesday and Thursday and also has a two-day visit lined up next month with the Cleveland Browns, reports AFC North blogger James Walker.
- The Associated Press – Browns to refund tickets if games canceled; No layoffs planned – The Cleveland Browns will make full refunds with interest on any tickets sold for games not played in the 2011 season.