Latest Links from the OBR Newswire
OBR Newswire on March 17th, 2011 AT 1:00 PM
These are links from the OBR Newswire for March 17th from 12:28 to 12:33:
- Cleveland.com – NFL says it will issue suspensions for illegal hits in 2011 – Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison was fined for illegal hits on four occasions last season, but never suspended. That would change in 2011, under new rules being proposed by the NFL.
- Canton Repository – Browns look to Shurmur to fix ailing pass attack – At times, the Cleveland Browns have seemed to be passing through lead.
- Morning Journal – Shurmur wants to give fans a winner – When a new Browns coach is stopped by an ardent fan at a restaurant or the mall, after a cordial greeting, he is usually told something along the lines of, “I don’t care what happens in the other 14 games. Just beat Pittsburgh twice.”
- Morning Journal – Frantz’ Rants: NFL Players Association losing the battle – The Artist Formerly Known as the NFL Players Association is in an all-out battle for the hearts and minds of football fans when it comes to their standoff with NFL owners.
- Yahoo! – Source: Browns worked out Eastern Kentucky DT Andrew Soucy – Eastern Kentucky All-American defensive tackle Andrew Soucy had an individual workout for the Cleveland Browns on Tuesday, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.
- ESPN.com – Da’Quan Bowers will meet with 7 of top 8 teams in NFL draft, source says – Any questions about the knee injury suffered by top NFL prospect and Clemson defensive end Da'Quan Bowers should be answered by the April 28 draft.
- ESPN.com – Two WRs to play Arena football during lockout – ESPN – With the league in a lockout, NFL players aren't permitted to use team facilities and are working out on their own. Two players will try to stay in football shape by playing the game — in the Arena Football League.
It’s Our Choice: No football? No problem says Jeff Biletnikoff. He’ll just pop in a DVD of “24.” http://bit.ly/ecXBuJ