OBR Newswire updates for June 3rd through June 4th
OBR Newswire on June 4th, 2011 AT 8:00 PM
These are links from the OBR Newswire for June 3rd through June 4th:
- WhatzGonnaHappen – Anti-Social Media 2011 NFL Season Picks – These 2011 NFL season predictions used an algorithm from corporate headquarters. This company loves the word “algorithm.”
- The Associated Press – NFL lockout 2011: NFL and players complete 3 days of ‘confidential settlement discussions’ as training camps near – maybe – The NFL and its players completed three straight days of not-so-secret "confidential settlement discussions" on Thursday and now head to an appeals court in St. Louis.
- ESPN.com – NFL: The lockout will make it tough for rookies to make an impact in 2011 – Rookie offensive tackle Anthony Castonzo knows he's fortunate to be the first-round pick of the Indianapolis Colts this year
- Canton Repository – Say … isn’t that Jim Brown blocking for Ben Gay? – My all-time, all-Browns offense, based simply on guys I’d like to see play together after popping out of a time machine at age 28:
(Subscriber) Quick Film Review: Shurmur’s Offense: OBR’s Brent Sobleski breaks down Pat Shurmur’s St. Louis Rams… http://bit.ly/md0GMb
Upon Further Review: The Offseason (Pt. 2): OBR’s Dave Kolonich is back to present even more offseason awards. http://bit.ly/jMuzPo
OBR Newswire updates for June 1st through June 2nd
OBR Newswire on June 2nd, 2011 AT 3:00 PM
These are links from the OBR Newswire for June 1st through June 2nd:
- ESPN.com – Can Colt McCoy handle Cleveland weather? – It sounds like a simple question: Can Colt McCoy play in inclement weather?
- Cleveland.com – Johnny Brewer, 1937-2011, was a tight end on Cleveland Browns’ 1964 championship team – Johnny Brewer, 74, the starting tight end on the Browns' championship team in 1964, passed away Friday in Madison, Miss.
- The Sports Network – NFLPA sets up educational event for rookies – The NFL Players Association is set to put on an educational event for all rookies in place of the canceled rookie symposium.
- ESPN.com – Average age of starting quarterbacks should continue to drop given status of 2011 rookies – Jake Locker flew to Nashville, Tenn., this week to work with a dozen of his new Tennessee Titans teammates. At the same time, Christian Ponder worked with some of his new Minnesota Vikings teammates in Bradenton, Fla.
Upon Further Review: The Offseason (Pt. 1): OBR’s Dave Kolonich dons a tux and presents offseason awards. http://bit.ly/lgCBs8
Latest Links from the OBR Newswire
OBR Newswire on May 31st, 2011 AT 1:00 PM
These are links from the OBR Newswire for May 31st from 12:06 to 12:32:
- Fox Sports Ohio – Braylon Edwards keeps his promise – In 2007, they were wild cheers for promise fulfilled and a franchise-record 16 touchdown catches.
- Canton Repository – Josh Cribb’s big heart draws him to Canton Twp. – The distance between the old Waco schoolhouse and home plate of the nearest baseball field is about 100 yards.
- Canton Repository – Around the NFL Browns Stadium atmosphere would change with winning – There sits Cleveland Browns Stadium.
- Cleveland.com – Browns’ Peyton Hillis on the cover of Madden ’12 – One month after beating out Michael Vick in an online vote, we're seeing the first reported image of Browns running back Peyton Hillis on the cover of the Madden '12 video game.
- ESPN – ‘Madden 12 Hall of Fame Edition’ detailed – To help celebrate "Madden 2003" cover athlete Marshall Faulk's induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame, EA Sports announced today a limited run of "Madden NFL 12 Hall of Fame edition" games
- USA Today – Analyst: Jim Tressel unlikely to fit in the NFL – Jim Tressel will likely be looking for work soon after resigning on Monday as head coach at Ohio State.
- Yahoo! – Punk rockers ‘Elway’ will rock on despite John Elway’s protests – If you regularly attend punk rock shows in people's basements, you might be familiar with the Fort Collins, Colorado band "Elway."
- ESPN.com LT Joe Thomas saves the AFC North – The best offensive player (non-quarterback) in the AFC North is. … Joe Thomas?