Post Lockout To Do List: Ten points on how the Browns can navigate post-lockout waters. http://bit.ly/iwJmJ6
OBR Newswire updates for June 29th through July 1st
OBR Newswire on July 1st, 2011 AT 11:00 AM
These are links from the OBR Newswire for June 29th through July 1st:
- The Associated Press – NFL, players meet for more than 15 hours – NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and NFLPA head DeMaurice Smith ended a 15-hour bargaining session early Friday, barely breaking for a quick nap before resuming in the morning.
- ESPN.com – Carlton Mitchell Will Run Routes For $ (Video) – Browns WR Carlton Mitchell talks about dealing with the NFL Lockout
- Yahoo! – Sources: ‘Bizarre’ twists stifle NFL labor talks – Three weeks ago, as Roger Goodell and DeMaurice Smith broke bread in a midtown Manhattan restaurant, the leaders of the NFL’s warring labor factions projected a sense of mutual optimism.
- Pro Football Talk – Browns’ “worst moments” since ’87 include three years without the Browns – Wednesday’s special edition of PFT Live* focuses on the worst moments of the Cleveland Browns, and the team that used to be the Cleveland Browns.
- ESPN.com – Breaking down safeties: Cleveland – Scouts Inc.'s Matt Williamson breaks down the safeties of each AFC North team. Today: Cleveland Browns.
Can He Bust Out?: UT-Chattanooga beat writer confirms it. DB Buster Skrine can fly. http://bit.ly/jwMfeP
(Subscriber) A Chat with Ken Dorsey: Rachel Baribeau chats with the national championship winning quarterback ab… http://bit.ly/knJkJu
Health a Must for Hardesty, Hillis: Browns' backfield could be a formidable force in 2011 with a healthy running… http://bit.ly/ilwZBd
Latest Links from the OBR Newswire
OBR Newswire on June 28th, 2011 AT 11:00 AM
These are links from the OBR Newswire for June 28th from 10:39 to 10:42:
- NFL.com – Agent: Roethlisberger surgery comments blown out of proportion – As you were. That's the message from Ben Roethlisberger's agent, Ryan Tollner, after a report last week quoted the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback saying there is a chance he will need surgery at some point on his previously broken right foot.
- The Associated Press – Report: Reps for owners, players gather for more CBA talks – Two people familiar with the situation tell The Associated Press that negotiating teams for NFL owners and players are in Minneapolis and expected to resume talks aimed at ending a lockout now in its fourth month.
- Canton Repository - Ex-49ers coach thinks Browns have winner in Holmgren – The Packers, apparently, are shielded from the lake effect by Wisconsin’s Door Peninsula, a bite of land that separates the city of Green Bay from Lake Michigan.
- Football News Now – McCoy Quickly Becomes Leader For Browns – Colt McCoy has been in the NFL slightly more than one year, but he’s already providing the Cleveland Browns with veteran leadership.
Latest Links from the OBR Newswire
OBR Newswire on June 27th, 2011 AT 7:00 AM
These are links from the OBR Newswire for June 27th from 06:08 to 06:11:
- Plain Dealer – Terry Pluto’s Talkin’ … about Browns’ linebacking needs – At least in public, the Browns insist they aren't worried about linebackers as they switch to the 4-3 defense.
- Akron Beacon Journal – Browns defense must be tough and physical – As a former player and head coach in the NFL, Dick Jauron can fully appreciate the importance of preparation.
- Yahoo! Sports – Peyton Hillis: ‘You can never get complacent’ – Resting on his laurels? Hardly. Cleveland Browns bruising running back Peyton Hillis(notes) has no intentions of taking a step back after gaining over 1,000 yards last season.
- News & Observer – UNC identifies football players in parking probe – UNC has confirmed that Greg Little is the former football player who received 93 parking tickets associated with five different vehicles.
- Yahoo! Sports – Higher Education: The all-underrated team (defense) – In the continuation of our scouting/stats series, and with the news getting better every day on the labor subject, it's time to talk more actual football!
- Canton Repository – Lambeau vs. Browns Stadium; an incredible comparison – The Browns, like everybody else in Lockout Nation, have been losing money for months.
What Shurmur Can Learn From QB History: For a simple refresher on the Cleveland Browns, new coach Pat Shurmur ha… http://bit.ly/l4nE5J