· Rookie running back Trent Richardson rushed for 109 yards with a 32 yard touchdown run and caught two passes for 20 yards with a score. Prior to today, the last Browns rookie to rush for 100-yards in a game was Lee Suggs who ran for 186 yards on 26 attempts vs. Cincinnati on December 28, 2003. That was also the last time a Browns rookie running back scored a rushing touchdown.
· Linebacker D'Qwell Jackson registered five tackles, one interception and a career-high three sacks. Prior to today, the last time a Brown recorded three sacks in one game was Kenard Lang who had three against Baltimore on September 12, 2004. Jackson now has 8.5 sacks in his career. His previous career best was two sacks against the Bengals on September 11, 2011. It is also the first time that Jackson has recorded interceptions in back to back games during his career.
· In addition, Jackson became the first Brown to record multiple sacks and an interception in a single-game since Randy Hilliard has two sacks and an interception at New England on September 8, 1991.
· Rookie quarterback Brandon Weeden completed 26 of 37 passes (70.3%) for 322 yards and his first two career passing touchdowns. He finished with a 114.9 rating. His 322 passing yards were a Browns rookie record surpassing the previous mark of 310 set by Eric Zeier at Cincinnati on October 29, 1995.
MOST PASSING YARDS IN A GAME BY A BROWNS ROOKIE
Player Opponent Date Attempts Completions Yards
1. Brandon Weeden at Cincinnati 9/16/12 26 37 322
2. Eric Zeier at Cincinnati 10/29/95 46 26 310
3. Colt McCoy at Pittsburgh 10/17/10 23 33 281
· The last time the Browns had players with 300 or more passing yards and 100 or more rushing yards in a single-game was against Cincinnati on September 16, 2007 when Derek Anderson threw for 328 yards and Jamal Lewis rushed for 216 yards
· Cleveland's defense totaled six sacks today, its highest total since they registered eight against Pittsburgh on December 10, 2009. In addition to Jackson's three sacks, defensive lineman Juqua Parker notched his first sack of the season. He now has 37.5 in his career. Defensive lineman Frostee Rucker recorded the eighth sack of his career, while rookie defensive lineman John Hughes recorded his first career sack. It marked the second time in as many weeks that a rookie recorded a sack (L.J. Fort vs. Philadelphia on September 9).
· Wide receiver Greg Little recorded five receptions for 57 yards, including a 24-yard touchdown. It was the third receiving touchdown of his career.
· Running back Chris Ogbonnaya set career-highs with six receptions for 73 yards. His previous career bests were five receptions (three times) and 43 receiving yards (vs. Seattle on October 23, 2011).
· Kicker Phil Dawson connected on field goals of 25 and 50 yards. It was his first 50-yard field goal of the season and he is now 5 for 5 on field goal attempts this season.
· Left tackle Joe Thomas has started and played in each of the first 82 games of his career, while center Alex Mack has started and played in each of the first 50 games of his career. Neither one of the two have missed an offensive snap during their career.
· Defensive back Sheldon Brown has played in 162 consecutive regular season games, a figure which currently ranks sixth among all defensive players.
Wide receiver Mohamed Massaquoi totaled five receptions for 90 yards. It marked his highest yardage total since he registered 115 at Detroit on November 22, 2009.