September 27, 2015
Cleveland Browns (1-1) vs. Oakland Raiders (1-1)
FirstEnergy Stadium, Cleveland
1:00 p.m. Kickoff
Local Television: CBS, Channel 19
Play-by-play: Carter Blackburn Analyst: Chris Simms
Cleveland Browns Radio Network
Flagship stations: 92.3 The Fan (WKRK-FM), ESPN 850 WKNR, WNCX (98.5 FM)
Play-by-play: Jim Donovan Analyst: Doug Dieken Sideline reporter: Nathan Zegura
Rushing: Isaiah Crowell (27-92, 3.4, 1 TD)
Passing: Johnny Manziel (21-39, 354, 3 TD)
Receiving: Travis Benjamin (6-204 34.0, 3 TD)
Rushing: Latavius Murray (26-109, 4.2, 1 TD)
Passing: Derek Carr (37-58, 412, 3 TD)
Receiving: Amari Cooper (12-156, 13.0, 1 TD)
10/26/14 Browns 23, Raiders 13 in Cleveland
Projected Browns Starting Line-up:
Browns Injury Report:
Questionable: Desmond Bryant, Justin Gilbert
Probable: Johnny Manziel, Josh McCown, Barkevious Mingo, Mitchell Schwartz
Out: Scott Solomon, K’Waun Williams
- Offensive coordinator John DeFilippo was the Raiders quarterbacks coach from 2007-08 and 2012-14.
- DL Desmond Bryant totaled 11.5 sacks in 63 games during four seasons (2009-12) with Oakland after originally signing as an undrafted free agent.
- QB Josh McCown started nine games for the Raiders in 2007.
- The Browns have never recorded back-to-back games with at least seven sacks on defense. The last time the team registered back-to-back games with six or more sacks came in 1988, when they notched nine against Philadelphia on October 16 and six at Phoenix against the Cardinals on October 23.
- Following their 28-14 victory against Tennessee (9/13), the Browns have won consecutive home openers for the first time since 1989- 90. Last season, the Browns defeated the Saints, 26-24, during the home opener on Sept. 14.
- WR Travis Benjamin recorded touchdown receptions of 50 and 60 yards and added a 78-yard punt return touchdown against Tennessee (9/20). He is the first player in Browns history to record two receiving scores and a punt return touchdown in the same game and the first NFL player to do so since St. Louis’ Tavon Austin on Nov. 10, 2013.
- QB Johnny Manziel completed 8 of 15 passes for 172 yards with two touchdowns, zero interceptions and a 133.9 rating against Tennessee (9/20). His 133.9 passer rating was the highest by a Browns QB since Derek Anderson totaled 140.3 on Oct. 28, 2007.