The fate of Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel seems all but sealed.
Cleveland's Executive VP of Football Operations, Sashi Brown, released a statement on the much maligned quarterback on Tuesday afternoon in which he made it clear that the team is not happy with Manziel and will "address" his situation as soon as possible.
"We've been clear about expectations for our players on and off the field," Brown said. "Johnny's continual involvement in incidents that run counter to those expectations undermines the hard work of his teammates and the reputation of our organization.
"His status with our team will be addressed when permitted by league rules."
The Browns could address (re: cut) the situation with Manziel as early as March 9, when the NFL league year officially opens.
If the team was to cut Manziel before then, it would have salary cap implications, where as if it waited until March, there would be no salary cap penalties.
Multiple reports indicate that the Browns indeed will cut Manziel on March 9.
Late last week, Browns owner Jimmy Haslam said the relationship between the Browns and Manziel was "repairable", but that decision ultimately lies with Brown, who made his stance quite clear amidst his aforementioned words.
Haslam's statement also came before Manziel was involved in yet another altercation in Fort Worth over the weekend.
According to the Fort Worth Police Department, Manziel was involved in a possible assault with a 23-year old woman in Dallas.
That woman, thought it remains unclear, could have been Colleen Crowley, the same woman that Manziel was involved in an altercation with on October 12 in Avon, OH.
Manziel was not arrested as part of the incident, but both the NFL and the Fort Worth Police are both investigating Manziel's role.
There was also a report that Ft. Worth Police used a helicopter to try to locate Manziel, but were unable to do so.
For all of your Browns news and updates from Berea, follow Hayden Grove on Twitter: @H_Grove.