The new depth chart includes several surprises, including:
- Kevin McLeod, who only signed with the Browns on Monday, appears on the first team at full back.
- Melvin Fowler on the first team at left guard, as seen in Monday and Tuesday's practices. The bigger surprise is Paul Zukauskas listed as Fowler's backup at left guard wihile Barry Stokes is listed as Ryan Tucker's backup at right tackle.
- The cornerback jobs appear to be more of a battle than originally believed with Lewis Sanders listed as co-first teamer at both cornerback spots with Daylon McCutcheon and Anthony Henry.
- As Butch Davis hinted Monday, the responsibilities of the fullback have changed slightly this season, meaning we may not see an H-back in 2003. There is no H-back listed on the depth chart. In fact, Aaron Shea is not listed as a fullback. He is third at tight end on the depth chart behind first-teamer Steve Heiden and second-teamer Darnell Sanders. Chad Mustard is the fourth-team tight end.
- Andre King is listed as "injured", but he is also a co-second teamer with Dennis Northcutt at wide receiver. Other injured players have been moved to the back of the depth chart, including Courtney Brown (fourth-team right defensive end), Frisman Jackson (fifth-team wide receiver), Joaquin Gonzalez (fourth-team right tackle), and Israel Idonije (fourth-team right defensive tackle). Jamel White is "injured" and listed as the third-team running back behind William Green and James Jackson.
- C.J. Jones is listed as the No. 2 kick returner (behind Quincy Morgan) and punt returner (behind Dennis Northcutt). Richard Alston is third at both return spots with Andre King fourth.