|EVENTS AND INFORMATION|
|Bernie's Insiders chat room is far and away the most popular Browns chat room on the Internet. Completely free, with no registration required, a minimum of nitwits, and frequent visits from the BerniesInsiders.com gang..|
Columbus: WCMH 4
Here is our listing of Browns radio affiliates.
WMMS is the team's flagship station. They seem to still be carrying a free live feed right here. The Browns carry a live NFL feed, and are following the NFL's dictate that fans are charged for Internet radio access to game.
Hot News |
Transactions | Practice Squad / IR
Here's the Owl's look at the game.
This game serves the major purposes:
1. Prove the coaching staff's ability to yank out their starters as quickly as possible to avoid injury.
2. In-depth evaluation of players who are about as likely to see regular season game action as you or I.
3. Extract cash from fans by charging them full price for a practice game.
If you're the type of hard-core fan who watches this game start to finish, like we admittedly are, you probably already know the position battles that will play out tonight. But here they are anyway: a couple of linebacker / special teams slots (Unck / Loyd / Coates), second or third string offensive linemen (Zukauskas, Redziniak, Beasely) and maybe seeing if C.J. Jones can force his way onto the roster.
To be honest, special teams may be the most interesting part of the evening.
We'll see the starting defensive line for just a couple of plays, as Courtney Brown is used in a rotation, and we'll see the rest of the starters for 10-15 plays at most. After that, it's on to deciding who to cut and putting players out there who won't derail plans if they get injured. We'll talk about all this in the chat room during the game, so join us!
I have to admit that it's hard working up an interest in this game. So I'll pimp subscriptions instead.
After a lot of thought, I've come up with the Top 10 Reasons You Should Subscribe to BerniesInsiders.com this very moment
7. Before we die, all of us here at BerniesInsiders.com want to sleep on a bed where the mattresses are stuffed with thousand dollar bills, just like a sixth-round draft choice.
6. Because The.Raw.Feed is pretty cool, even if we don't have the slightest clue how to explain what it is.
5. An annual subscription comes with a magazine. Magazines can be rolled up and used to threaten rabbits. You could read it too.
4. No member of the BerniesInsiders.com staff is running for Governor of California.
3. Because you would rather have us slogging subscriptions than orange Bone-hats, and you know it. (mandatory obscure 1999 BTNG reference)
2. It irritates Steeler fans, particularly the ones who run SteelCitySports.
1. If you do, I promise to never trot out a lame Top 10 list again. Really. Click here.
Browns - Falcons Game Information Page
The OBR Top Stories
Is signing Pryor the highest priority now?Terrelle Pryor is in the final year of his contract and the Browns need to try to sign him to a contract extension before he gets to free agency
The OBRWednesday at 5:45 PM
Extra Points: Pryor, Haden miss practiceFred Greetham recaps Wednesday's news from Berea.
The OBRWednesday at 12:34 PM
Kessler more focused on winning than statsRookie quarterback Cody Kessler is getting praise from his coaches and teammates, but he says unless the Browns win, it's of little merit to him
The OBRWednesday at 6:54 AM
Injuries in English: Joel BitonioIn our second edition of "Injuries in English", Brandon talks about Joel Bitonio's foot injury and what's next for the Browns standout guard.
The OBRWednesday at 6:12 AM