There has been a ton of smoke related to the Cleveland Browns and the NFL Draft.
Not surprising, as I long predicted the Browns would be connected to many free agents and almost every major Draft prospect due to their large amount of cap space and their many
After spending time covering the NFL Combine, talking to many people that cover teams around the league, work in the league or work for players, I try to work through the smoke for nuggets of truth.
With 7 days till we see how this regime adds talent to the Browns, here are things I think I know about the NFL Draft:
- Myles Garrett will be selected #1 overall.
- Deshaun Watson will be drafted by the Bears, likely at #3 overall.
- Jaguars take Leonard Fournette.
- Christian McCaffery goes in the Top 10, likely to the Panthers.
- Jon Allen falls into the 20s, if not lower. (Think Myles Jack fall)
- Rueben Foster falls late in the 1st, possibly to the Patriots if they can get #32 back from the Saints for Malcolm Butler.
- I will judge the Derek Barnett pick based on the noise level his new home crowd can create.
- The Browns draft a QB at #12.
- Jamal Adams and Malik Hooker go a few slots lower than most expect (Top 10 not Top 5).
- All 3 Buckeye defensive backs are drafted Top 15.
- Malik Hooker is the last of the 3 drafted.
- The Titans and Browns are the most celebrated teams coming out of Day 1 of the Draft, in that order.
- The Browns add at least 1 more Day 2 pick (Rd 2 or 3).
- A defensive lineman is a shocking 1st Round pick.
- Due to the lack of talent, offensive linemen are over-drafted throughout the
- Much like they did with the WR position last year, the Browns load up on defensive backs.
- At least 2 Draft picks are small school guys that most Browns fans ask "Who?"
- Josh Dobbs and Davis Webb are drafted before Brad Kaaya.
- Safety Marcus Williams is drafted by the Browns even if better known Budda Baker and Obi Melifonwu are also on the board.
- The Browns make one surprise pick, either a character flag guy or a WR/RB in the first 3 Rounds.
- The Packers take a lineman in the 1st Round.
- The 2nd and 3rd Rounds of the draft end up having more starters/stars than the 1st after 3 years.
- Browns fans believe the team can compete for the Playoffs in 2 years after this Draft.
I will continue update this in the Forum below. Two updates so far as of 4/22/17.
What do you think you know? What do you think about what I think I know?