|Team||1st Qtr||2nd Qtr||3rd Qtr||4th Qtr||Final|
Led by a strong performance by Tim Couch, the Browns move effectively through the air to capture at 23-10 lead at halftime. Couch goes 16 of 17 in the first half, with 169 yards and two touchdowns. Couch has spread the ball around to eight different receivers. The Browns also played well on special teams, with a long Andre Davis kickoff return and on defense. Courtney Brown stripped Tommy Maddox of the football to create a key early turnover.
According to our reporters in Pittsburgh, prior to game time:
- Barry Stokes will start at left tackle. There were concerns that Stokes would not be able to play due to continuing problems with his ankles
- Kelly Holcomb will be the third quarterback for the Browns today, not officially on the active roster.
- Darnell Sanders will be the Browns starting tight end
- Jay Reimersma will not play for the Steelers today. Jerame Tuman will start in his place.
- Steelers inactives: Dante Brown, Kendrick Vincent, Chris Hoke, Mathias Nkwenti, Freddie Milons, Jay Riemersma, Alonzo Jackson, and Brian St. Pierre
- Browns inactives:
Shea, WR Clinton Jones, OG Enoch
DeMar, QB Kelly Holcomb, CB Michael
Lehan, CB Roosevelt Williams, DL Tyrone Rogers