TRIVIA TIME (CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION)
The questions for Trivia Time are provided by Roger Gordon, author of Browns Facts and Trivia, a 300-page compendium of all the Browns trivia one could ever hope to know! For more information on Roger's book, click this page to see more details!
- Cleveland won all four AAFC Championship games from 1946-49. In only one of the games, they actually trailed on the scoreboard. Which game was it?
- What Los Angeles Rams receiver scored on a 73-yard pass play from Norm Van Brocklin late in the game that broke a 17-17 tie and lifted the Rams to a 24-17 victory over the Browns in the 1951 NFL title game?
- The Browns yielded 17 points in both NFL Championship game losses to the Lions in 1952 and ‘53. There was another similarity in the games in that a Browns running back had 15 rushes for 104 yards in both games. This Indiana University product also scored Cleveland's only touchdown of each game with a third-quarter run, a 7-yarder in the 1952 game and a 9-yarder in the ‘53 affair. Who was this running back?
- What was the halftime score of the Browns' 27-0 upset over the Baltimore Colts in the NFL Championship game on Dec. 27, 1964, in Cleveland?
- What Baltimore running back scored on three touchdown runs in the Colts' 34-0 pounding of the Browns in the 1968 NFL title game in Cleveland?
1. On Dec. 22, 1946, in Cleveland Municipal Stadium, the Browns trailed 3-0
and 9-7 before beating the New York Yankees, 14-9.
2. Tom Fears.
3. Harry Jagade.
5. Tom Matte.