- Antonio Perkins is an electrifying open-field runner who set school, conference
and NCAA records as a punt returner
during his career as a Sooner. His 277 yards on punt returns vs. UCLA in 2003 set an NCAA Division I-A
game record. His eight touchdowns scored on punt returns during his career tied the NCAA record first set by
Wes Welker on Texas Tech (2000-03).
- In 47 games with the Sooners, Perkins started 30 times and finished with
125 tackles (92 solos), 11
interceptions for 150 yards, a seven-yard sack, five tackles for loss, two forced fumbles, two fumble
recoveries and 21 pass breakups.
- He also set school records with 113 punt returns for 1,441 yards (12.8
avg.) and eight touchdowns and
gained 319 yards on 20 kickoff returns (16.0 avg.)
- Perkins also set team conditioning records, marking a 4.31 in the 40-yard
dash with a 42-inch vertical jump.
- Honorable mention All-Big 12 as a senior. Consensus All-American return
specialist and first team All-Big
12 as a junior. Second team All-Big 12 choice and All-American honorable mention as a sophomore. As a
freshman, marked freshman All-America status.
- Two-time Academic All-Big 12 honoree.
- Perkins marks the second player from Oklahoma taken by the Browns in the
'05 Draft (safety Brodney Pool,
second round). The last time the Browns took two players from the same school in the same draft was 2001
when the squad chose running back James Jackson in the third round and receiver Andre King in the seventh
round – both from Miami (Fla.).
- The last time the Browns took two players from the same school in the
first four rounds of the draft was
1980, when the team picked running back Charles White from USC in the first round, then took quarterback
Paul McDonald from the school in the fourth round.
- Perkins is the 13th defensive back taken by the Browns since the team's
return to the NFL in 1999 – the most
of any position. There are more Browns-drafted DBs on the team (seven) than any other position (Daylon
McCutcheon, Michael Jameson, Chris Crocker, Michael Lehan, Sean Jones, Pool and Perkins.)
Draft Day Notes: Antonio Perkins
The OBR Top Stories
OBR Membership: Now with Sports Illustrated!In addition to all the great premium content on Scout, ticket and gear discounts, and more, annual premium members will now receive a year of Sports Illustrated with their…
The OBRYesterday at 6:40 AM
Browns looking for rookie WR's to step upThe Browns are looking for their rookie receivers to step up this week with Terrelle Pryor hampered with a hamstring injury.
The OBRThursday at 6:12 PM
X's & O's: Breaking Down Cody Kessler Part IILast Sunday Cleveland Browns' rookie signal-caller Cody Kessler threw for a career-high 336 yards and two TD passes as he continued to play above expectations despite a suddenly…
The OBRThursday at 2:11 PM
Is signing Pryor the highest priority now?Terrelle Pryor is in the final year of his contract and the Browns need to try to sign him to a contract extension before he gets to free agency
The OBRWednesday at 5:45 PM