When I started this site's predecessor, BrownsTNG.com, I just wanted to give the biggest freaking virtual tailgate party possible. I'm like the nerdy equivalent of that dude who spends the entire tailgate making sure that there's enough beer and that the ribs are done.
On gameday, we roll out the welcome mat, there aren't cover fees at a tailgate - at least not the ones we go to. Come one, come all, hang out with the gang here... here's what we've got going on as the Browns get ready to kick off at 8PM tonight.
Please feel free to gather in the chat room for pre-game chatter alongside the radio show, and during the game. Browns fans with TV access have been known to relay reports to those without, and you can talk about the game while it's happening.
There are two ways to log into the chat room:
- Via a web browser: Simply head to
http://csites.securewebs.com/brownstng and use the Java client to hang
out in the chat room.
- Via an IRC client: Link up to an IRC network and then connect to server 22.214.171.124, port 7152. There are tons of free or inexpensive IRC clients available. Check it: mIRC (free) | Klient ($$, but cool) | Trillian (free) | More IRC Clients | Learn More...
Of course, if you want to discuss things asynchronously, there's always the ever-popular and generally unhinged Bernie's Insiders Forums.
Pre-Game Radio Show
I will be talking Browns on the Orange and Brown Countdown Show at 7PM with Joe Lull on SportsTalkCleveland.com. Per usual, I'll be that guy named "ArtBtz" in the chat room as well.
- Audio Stream: Click Here to Listen
- Video Stream: Click Here to Watch
- Call In: 1-216-588-1918 (Local) 1-866-782-7142 (Toll-Free)
- Click Here to Email the Show Live
During the Game
- Chat: Get in the chat room, dawg (see above)
- TV: Cleveland (WOIO-19), Youngstown (see thread)
- Satellite: The gang in the Watercooler is trying to get it nailed down. Click here.
- Radio: The NFL's pay-for-listen extortion is in effect. Folks are looking for streams. Click here
After the Game
- Web Site: The awe-inspiring paid-for-by-your-subscriptions resources of
BerniesInsiders.com are on it. Fred Greetham and Lane Adkins will be
representing us in the press box and sending us their post-game review and
- Radio: SportsTalkCleveland
will have a post-game show, and we'll find someone sober enough to call in
and offer some thoughts.
- Photos: We'll have photos tonight and tomorrow from the Associated
Press. Perhaps even a gallery showing up in the second half if the timing
works. Also (thank you again, subscribers) Bernie's Insiders photographer
Skip Trombetti will be on the field taking photos of the game, and we'll
have extensive photo galleries on of that Sunday or Monday.
- Video: None. We'd get, uh, sued or something. But there has been known to be some tape trading among the fans and the NFL has been pretty cool about that so far. Check out the forums and see if you can grovel, beg, or barter.
Help support all this mostly-free Browns goodness and encourage our morally-dubious lifestyles by popping for a Bernie's Insiders subscription! You will love it, your family will love you for it, and your coolness factor will go up so high your current friends will grovel to remain in your presence.