* S Mike Adams is wearing a brace on his right wrist and he has a bruised shoulder. He did not practice Wednesday.
* S Brodney Pool is recovering from a concussion and did not practice. The Browns are not counting him out for Sunday. Pool has been vulnerable in coverage, knocked himself out of the game with a helmet to helmet hit on Bengals receiver Glenn Holt. Until Pool becomes more instinctive, the Browns will be susceptible to the big play.
* DB Gary Baxter is working on the scout team. He was doubtful for the Bengals and deactivated on game day, but the Browns are holding out hope he might play against the Raiders.
* LB Antwan Peek is bothered by a lingering foot injury, so the Browns rested him Wednesday. They did the same last week and he started against the Bengals.
* CB Leigh Bodden is nursing a groin injury and was unable to practice Wednesday. Bodden played against Chad Johnson with a sore groin, which hampered his coverage abilities. Bodden is the team's best corner, but needs to be healthy.
* LB Willie McGinest is recovering from August back surgery and progressing well, but he is unable to practice.
* P Dave Zastudil may be shut down for a week or two because his injured oblique muscle continues to nag him. The Browns have not ruled him out of playing in Oakland, but they bought insurance by signing nine-year veteran Scott Player.
* OLB Kamerion Wimbley has earned respect and attention. The Browns pass rush is not strong, so teams are double-teaming Wimbley regularly. The team will have to scheme better to free him.
* ILB Andra Davis is the captain of the Browns defense, so he may want to weave some captain's magic. The Browns rank 32nd in the league in total defense and are giving up 39.5 points per game.