- WR Donte' Stallworth is feeling better, but this does not guarantee he will be available this Sunday as the Cleveland Browns face the Baltimore Ravens. While reports coming out speculate the WR as being 'questionable' at best, we are hearing the WR is progressing and will be a game-time decision.
- Speculation in some circles had QB Brady Quinn receiving additional reps with the first team offense this week. From my understanding, nothing has changed in regards to the number of reps or the handling of the QBs this week.
- RB Jamal Lewis has been mentioned as missing time in practice this week due to an ankle issue. Lewis has been slightly slowed, but the expectation is the RB will be fine and in the starting lineup on Sunday.
- Some discussion has taken place due to the obviously upset demeanor TE Kellen Winslow displayed during the loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers last Sunday evening. While the issue has been pushed under the rug, note the TE was upset about being open and not getting the ball late in the first half.
The deal with Winslow is, the TE has been very upset with the inability of the Cleveland offense and the role he has played or hasn't played. Winslow has been open and wants the football to help this struggling offense. The feeling coming from this issue is the QB looks far too early and often to a struggling WR, rather toward the reliable TE.
- Once again RB Jerome Harrison received very little playing time, but excelled in his limited opportunity. Talk about his questionable blocking skills and special teams play should be buried, as this young player simply makes things happen on the playing field.
- Veteran offensive lineman Ryan Tucker is closer to a return to the playing field. Tucker has intensified the number and competitiveness of reps in practice sessions.
- Rookie Beau Bell is progressing well following a knee scope in training camp. At this point, the rookie LB is playing catch-up after missing considerable practice time.
- Rookie TE Martin Rucker's rehab following knee surgery in training camp is going according to schedule. The rookie could be ready for game action within a month, barring any setbacks.
- Veteran defensive lineman Robaire Smith is extremely disappointed about the ending of his 2008 season due to an Achilles tear. Smith is a veteran player that really believes in this team and vows to return.