The Top 5 Most Impressive Buccaneers:
1. LT Kenyatta Walker - Walker has been as good as advertised in training camp, and may end up being the steal of the NFL Draft. The athletic left tackle brings the toughness from the right tackle position he played in college to the pros. Some insiders tell Buccaneer Magazine that he could have a better year than St. Louis Rams left tackle Orlando Pace, who was the top pick of the draft when he came out, did as a rookie.
2. SS David Gibson - Gibson has made several John Lynch-like plays during the preseason on special teams and defense. Aside from a big forearm blow to a Browns running back in the second preseason game, Gibson also made a touchdown-saving stop against Miami fullback Deon Dyer on the goal line in the preseason opener, which is one of his six preseason stops.
3. NT Anthony McFarland - McFarland has showed an increased knowledge of the game this summer. It has shown in the amount of quickness and play recognition he has displayed this preseason. He came through with a big sack in the Browns game and has three tackles.
4. RB Aaron Stecker - Stecker has 64 yards rushing through three games, which is second on the team behind Pepe Pearson's 65. Stecker leads the team in catches with four for 34 yards and has one touchdown.
5. MLB Nate Webster - Webster has had a sensational training camp and his whirling dervish playing style has resulted in six tackles and sharing a sack with Chartric Darby. He may not win the starting middle linebacker job, but he'll likely end up splitting time with Jamie Duncan.
Also worth mentioning are WRs Karl Williams, Reidel Anthony, Frank Murphy and Robert Kilow, C Todd Washington, RB Warrick Dunn, LBs Marq Cerqua and Jeff Gooch, DTs Warren Sapp and Chartric Darby, CBs Ronde Barber and Dwight Smith, FS Dexter Jackson and K Martin Gramatica. All have had a very good training camp.
For more inside information on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, subscribe to Buccaneer Magazine by calling 1-800-881-BUCS(2827).