Bucs Have a Top 10 Selling Jersey

Dick's Sporting Goods says the Buccaneers' have a top selling jersey in the NFL.

With all the fuss and disappointment from many Bucs fans when the team unveiled their new jerseys last offseason, the nation appears to have accepted the new look.

According to Dick’s Sporting Goods’ Jersey Report, the Bucs have the 10th most popular -- or sold -- jersey in the country this year so far. Some teams they are ahead of are the Pittsburgh Steelers (11th), Green Bay Packers (12th), Dallas Cowboys (15th), and the new look San Francisco 49ers (17th) just to name a few. In the NFC South, the Bucs make up 46 percent of jerseys sold in the division while the other three teams in New Orleans, Atlanta, and Carolina make up the remaining 54 percent respectively.

A major reason for the recent surge in popularity could certainly be because of rookie quarterback Jameis Winston. His No. 3 jersey makes up 90 percent of team sales this year. Per the store’s numbers, Winston sits one spot ahead of Tennessee’s rookie quarterback Marcus Mariota (7th) and is atop the entire rookie class year to date.

For the state of Florida, Doug Martin’s No. 22 jersey is the most popular in the state during 2014-2015. Twitter was not all too receptive about that, but consider this. Stores normally have an overstock of older jerseys that can put on the sales floor at clearance level and if Martin’s was one of those, then there is a possibility that could be the case here. Another possibility is the fact that his jersey was just produced more, considering he was one of the original players to demo the new look.

Earlier this week, NFL.com released the numbers from their end and had Winston’s No. 3 jersey falling to the eighth most sold in June after he was second for the month of May.

Subscribe to The Commish Online Podcast on iTunes!

Follow Bucs Blitz on twitter: @TBBucsOnScout


Bucs Blitz Top Stories