Michigan State @ Oregon, September 12th on ABC
Jack Conklin, Offensive Tackle, Michigan State, Junior
Conklin comes into his junior year weighing 318 lbs and standing 6’6”. Conklin gets the benefit of practicing against Calhoun each week and will get a good test this week against the Oregon Duck pass rush. Conklin will look to put an early stamp on his draft status with a strong outing.
· Strong build with mauler mentality
· Good strength and balance
· Reads and reacts well before and during the play
· Look for improvements in the kick-step and ability to mirror against the pass rush which will be a big test this week
Current Draft Outlook: Day 2 Pick
South Florida @ Florida State, September 12th on ESPN
Jalen Ramsey, Defensive Back, Florida State, Junior
Ramsey enters the year as the second best defensive back in the country. Ramsey comes in at 6’1” and weighing 202 lbs. Playing a split platoon of safety and corner in 2014, Ramsey enters 2015 as the main man at corner after two key departures from a year ago. Ramsey’s versatility, athleticism and consistency will make him a premium pick.
· Exceptional athlete with great explosion in and out of breaks
· Very good transitional speed and mirror skills
· Solid anticipation and ball skills
· Very good instincts
· Look for Ramsey to continue to ascend into top 10 consideration with another good year under his belt. His matchup against South Florida won’t be a great display of his coverage skills as the Bulls will stay away from his side. Instead, look for Ramsey to show off his willingness to get to the ball carrier and strike the ball.
Current Draft Outlook: Day 1 Pick
Florida Atlantic @ University of Miami (FL), September 11th on Fox Sports 1
Deon Bush, Free Safety, University of Miami, Senior
Bush enters the year looking to improve upon his overall consistency. Standing 6’1” and weighing 205 lbs., Bush has good size for a defensive back. Bush’s versatility should be on full display this season and in particular, in this matchup where he’ll be able to be moved around in positions to make plays.
· Good athlete with plus range
· Ball skills are a plus and his instincts are above average at this point
· Has shown ability to play in the box and deep in space
· Physical player that hits with authority
· Look for Bush to show improved discipline when in coverage and improved reaction times when breaking to the ball
Current Draft Outlook: Day 3 Pick