What don't you know about Dexter Jackson? Check this out:
1. Dexter Jackson shares his name with former Bucs safety — and Super Bowl XXXVII MVP Dexter Jackson. He said Saturday that he did not know that until it was mentioned to him by a reporter.
2. Jackson is a cover boy. After Appalachian State upset Michigan last season, Jackson ended up on the cover of Sports Illustrated, which he called a "publicity boom" to the university. That, and perhaps the three straight Division I-AA national titles he helped anchor. He had two touchdown receptions in that Michigan win.
3. Jackson is awfully fast. He aided his draft stock even more at the scouting combine by running a blistering, but unofficial, 4.27 in the 40. He's regularly times in the low 4.3s.
4. Where was he when he found out he had been picked? He was in the backyard of his house barbecuing with friends.
5. Dexter Jackson talks about being a small receiver (he's just shy of 5-foot-10): "I just feel like the mismatches it causes by making teams draft nickels and fast corners to guard us in the slot. With my size, I may not be the tallest guy but I feel like my work ethic and my speed can cause some problems for the defense."
6. Did we mention he was fast?. Jackson won the 2007 Southern Conference championship and
advanced to NCAA Regional competition in the 200-meter dash.
7. Jackson on his combine experience, according to the Watauga Democrat: "It was like a meat market. The first day I got there I checked into the hotel and then went straight to the hospital. They check our eyes, did a little some blood work, then they took us in for a medical examination and some x-rays."
Want to know more about Jackson? Take advantage of Scout.com's extensive body of work covering Jackson at Appalachian State and during the scouting period. Here are links that will help you get to know Jackson better before he hits the field this weekend for rookie camp:
Instant Analysis of Jackson by Scout.com's Tom Marino, a 35-year veteran of NFL scouting. Click here.
Jackson's scouting combine Q&A session with the media. Click here.
Jackson's complete transcript from his first post-draft press conference with the Tampa area media. Click here.
OTHER SCOUTING TOOLS
Scout.com's Ed Thompson covered Jackson's workout at the RCA Dome in Indianapolis and filed this report. Click here.
Scout.com's Tom Marino filed this report from Jackson's Pro Day. Click here.
Seahawks.net's Doug Farrar profiled Jackson's work at the East-West Shrine Game. Click here.
This is the best time to become a Bucsblitz.com subscriber. Through Monday you can get three months of Bucsblitz.com insider analysis and features for the price of one. It's the best deal on Bucs coverage on the Internet. Get all the news on the newest Bucs right here! Click here to go to our subscription page and take advantage of this offer.
Matthew Postins covers the Buccaneers for BucsBlitz.com and the Charlotte Sun-Herald in Port Charlotte, Fla. An award-winning member of the Pro Football Writers Association, he appears frequently on Scot Brantley Show from 3-6 p.m. weekdays on WHBO 1470-AM in Tampa-Clearwater.