In addition to this year's free agent crop, the Arizona Cardinals will also have some tough decisions on whether to part ways or restructure with high cap numbers next year (Larry Fitzgerald $23.6M and Darnell Dockett $9.8M).
Free Agent Rankings: Arizona Cardinals
1. Dan Williams, DT, 27, $2,185,000 UFA - I'd expect Williams to be the top free-agent priority for the Cardinals. Williams isn't quite a Pro Bowl-caliber player but he's an invaluable cog along Arizona's defensive line. Williams, though, will be a coveted asset due to his versatility to play in both 3-4 and 4-3 schemes. The Cardinals will set Williams as a priority to bring back but they could end up paying a hefty sum to retain him.
2. Antonio Cromartie, CB, 30, $4,000,000 UFA - Cromartie did a nice job opposite of Patrick Peterson for the majority of 2014. He wants to be back in Arizona but will be a coveted cornerback on the open market. The Cardinals will make a run at Cromartie but won't overpay. He's a moderate to high priority for Arizona's front office.
3. Sam Acho, OLB, 26, $1,549,607 UFA - Acho, like Williams, is expected to be another priority for the Cardinals. Acho's sack numbers were way down in 2014, so the team may end up getting him at a relative bargain. Acho is a moderate priority depending on what interest he draws from elsewhere.
4. Tommy Kelly, DT, 34, $955,000 UFA - The Cardinals say they want Kelly back, but won't break the bank for the aging veteran. It may come down to whether Kelly wants to play in Arizona or move somewhere else. His fate could also be determined by the potential loss of defensive coordinator Todd Bowles.
5. Larry Foote, ILB, 34, $570,000 UFA - Another veteran that Arizona would like to see return, but the team doesn't make a habit of overpaying for aging stars. Foote is another player who could be impacted by the potential loss of defensive coordinator Todd Bowles.
6. Robert Housler, TE, 26, $1,602,023 UFA - Housler is a decent tight end but the position seems to be churning out numerous talents across the league. Housler's experience in the Cardinals offense could lure the team to bring him back but it will only be at the right price. Low priority here, given the amount of other options that will be available.
7. Mike Leach, LS, 38, $1,091,668 UFA - A dependable long snapper who can probably play as long as he wants. Just a matter of when he wants to hang it up. I don't see him playing anywhere else at this point.
8. John Abraham, OLB, 36, $3,925,000 UFA - Abraham missed almost the entire 2014 campaign with a season-ending concussion. Unsure if he wants to return but there could be a spot for him if he wants to. Not much of a priority, however.
Other free agents
Paul Fanaika, G, 28, $780,000 UFA
Alameda Ta'amu, DT, 24, $570,000 RFA
Bradley Sowell, LT, 25, $570,000 UFA
Marcus Benard, OLB, 29, $402,352 UFA
Ryan Lindley, QB, 25, $234,706 UFA
Free Agent Watch: Arizona Cardinals
CardinalsSource Top Stories
Upon further review: Palmer's interceptionsThis week's 'Upon further review' for the Cardinals' offense analyzes Carson Palmer's four interceptions and what went wrong.
Palmer disappointed in his own performanceThe Arizona Cardinals' quarterback was hard on himself after Sunday's game, but said he knows there's a lot of football left to be played.
Arians calls Sunday worst start in four yearsThe Arizona Cardinals were trounced by the Buffalo Bills by a final score of 33-18 to drop their second contest of the season Sunday.
Instant analysis: Slow start dooms ArizonaThe Arizona Cardinals suffered through a dismal start on offense in the team's first road trip of the season.
CardinalsSourceYesterday at 11:43 AM