• Dallas' Marion Barber ran for 127 yards and two touchdowns on 27 carries in the Cowboys' 34-13 victory over the Arizona Cardinals. Barber scored on a 28-yard run to give the Cowboys a 7-3 lead in the first quarter. He added a 10-yard touchdown run in the second quarter and caught two passes for 15 yards.
• Houston's Jerome Mathis caught a 34-yard touchdown pass from David Carr on the first drive of the game to help the Texans to a 19-16 victory over the Cleveland Browns. In addition to his one reception, Mathis returned five kickoffs for a total of 177 yards, putting the Texans in good starting field position most of the game.
• San Diego's Shawne Merriman recorded four tackles, two sacks and a forced fumble in the Chargers' 28-20 victory over the AFC West-rival Kansas City Chiefs. Merriman sacked Trent Green for a four-yard loss early in the third quarter and later forced Green to fumble after a nine-yard sack. The ball was recovered by the Chargers.
• Pittsburgh's Heath Miller caught three passes for 18 yards and two touchdowns in the Steelers' 20-19 victory over the AFC North-rival Baltimore Ravens. Miller scored the game's first touchdown on a four-yard catch and put Pittsburgh ahead 17-10 in the third quarter with an eight-yard score. He has six touchdown catches this season.
• Chicago's Kyle Orton completed 17 of 31 passes for 230 yards and one touchdown in the Bears' 19-13 overtime victory over the NFC North-rival Detroit Lions. Orton threw a 23-yard touchdown pass to Muhsin Muhammad while recording his fourth NFL victory and helping move the Bears into first place in the division.
A closer look at the FedEx Express NFL Player of the Week finalists:
• San Diego's Brees completed 25 of 43 passes for 324 yards and three touchdowns in the Chargers' 28-20 victory over the AFC West-rival Kansas City Chiefs. Brees threw touchdown passes of 19, 20 and 35 yards.