When Eric Parker tells San Diego's young, undrafted receivers about what it takes to legitimately challenge for a roster spot, they listen. It's not that Parker is a motivational speaker; it's that he's been to the top of that mountain before.
Parker, now working as an assistant coach, defied the odds to earn a roster spot as an undrafted rookie in 2002. He went on to start 40 games during his six-year career, catching more than 45 passes every season between 2004-2006.
SDBoltReport.com photographer Shana Siler caught all of these receivers in action during a recent training camp practice and shares her photos in the gallery below. Scroll to the bottom of the page for more info on each of the young wide-outs.
Rookie Receiver Roundup
- To find out if Charles Martin is indeed the next Eric Parker, click here.
- For a scouting report on Greg Carr courtesy NoleDigest.com, click here.
- For an exclusive two-part interview with wide-out Rod Smith, click here.
- For more on Gary Banks' quest to unseat Kassim Osgood, click here.
- To talk about these young receivers in the message boards, click here.