Week 16: Chiefs (7-7) at Raiders (2-12)
The Chiefs own a 50-43-2 advantage over the Oakland Raiders all-time. Kansas City is 26-8 overall against Oakland since 1990, including playoffs. The Chiefs own a seven-game winning streak against Oakland right now and are 7-4 in Oakland since 1995, including three straight victories.
Kansas City is currently 15th in total defense (325.6), 19th against the run (121.6) and 14th against the pass (203.9). They rank 11th in scoring defense (19.7).
Kansas City's offensive performance the last two weeks has been dismal. The offensive line is playing as poorly as they did earlier in the year. Quarterback Trent Green does not look the same and the receivers are not getting open. They've dropped to 17th in total offense (318.3), 21st in passing offense (188.1), and 8th on the ground (130.2). The Chiefs are scoring 19.7 points per game, good for 16th.
The only bright spot for the Oakland Raiders this season has been their defensive performance. They are currently fourth in total defense (285.6), first against the pass (151.6) and 31st against the run (134.1). They allow 20.6 points per game, 17th in the NFL.
Oakland is dead last in total offense (244.5), 31st in passing offense (150.3) and 28th on the ground (94.2). They are also last in scoring offense (11.1). Their defense can keep them in games, but too often they are haunted with the inability to put points on the board.
• Kansas City's last primetime game against the Oakland Raiders was a 23-17 victory in Oakland in September 2005. Oakland head coach Art Shell is only 2-10 all-time against the Chiefs, his last win against them came in 1992.
• The Chiefs own a seven-game winning streak against the Raiders, they will try to become the first team ever to produce an eight-game winning streak or better against the Raiders.
• Oakland is 1-17 when allowing a 100-yard rusher dating back to 2004, including 13 straight losses.
• The Raiders have lost 11 straight games when trailing at half time, including an 0-6 record this season. They've only scored 42 second-half points all season.
• Since 2005, Kansas City is 12-2 when posting a positive turnover mark. The Chiefs have forced at least one turnover in 17 straight games, the longest active streak in the NFL. Oakland owns a league worst -16 turnover mark and has lost 17 of their last 18 games when posting a negative turnover mark. The Raiders have committed a league high 38 turnovers this season, including a league high 17 fumbles.
• The Raiders have allowed 66 sacks this season, one off the franchise record (67.0).
OUT: LB Rich Scanlon (neck), OT Kyle Turley (shoulder), DT Jimmy Wilkerson (hamstring). QUESTIONABLE: RB Michael Bennett (ankle). PROBABLE: WR Dante Hall (Illness), OT John Welbourn (Ankle).
DOUBTFUL: WR Jerry Porter (hip). QUESTIONABLE: RB Zack Crockett (heel), OT Robert Gallery (elbow), G Cory Hulsey (knee), WR Randy Moss (ankle), CB Fabian Washington (shoulder). PROBABLE: G Kevin Boothe (elbow).
MCAFEE COLISEUM, OAKLAND, CA, DEC. 23rd
Forecast calls for mostly cloudy skies with a 10% chance of precipitation. Highs should be in the upper 50s and lows in the mid 40s.
It's hard to pick against the Chiefs because the Raiders are so bad, but it's also really hard to pick the Chiefs because they have played so badly recently. I hate to pick the Raiders, but that's what I'm going to do.
PREDICTION: Raiders 16, Chiefs 13
WarpaintIllustrated.com Top Stories
Three Backfields With Question MarksEvery week, Fantasy Football Expert Mark Morales-Smith examines the most turbulent backfields in the NFL to help decipher whether or not there are any Fantasy stars in the making..…
Chiefs Put Justin Houston on PUP ListWith roster cuts looming, the Kansas City Chiefs have placed All Pro linebacker Justin Houston on the Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list, meaning he won’t be able to return to…
Schwartz Brothers in Kansas City Makes SenseOn Tuesday afternoon, the Kansas City Chiefs will complete their first roster purge of the week. In order to get down to the league limit of 75 players, the Chiefs who cut eight…
Berry Signs as Chiefs Begin Roster CutsOn Sunday All Pro Safety Eric Berry, signed his one-year tender. That means today the Kansas City Chiefs coaching staff will get their first on field glimpse of their starting…