- Michael Ash of WPI (We Play To Win The Game)
- Nick Athan of WPI (Warpaint Pubs)
- Adam Best of ArrowheadAddict.com (Arrowhead Addicts)
- Darren Carter of WPI (Sphinx Domination)
- Pat Clifton of WPI (Team Pat Is God)
- Topher Dean of WPI (Waste of Space)
- Chris Thorman of ArrowheadPride.com (Arrowhead Pride)
- C.E. Wendler of WPI (The Runnamuckers)
Week Four Recap:
We Play To Win The Game (96.84)
Waste of Space (91.30)
The closest game of the week wasn't settled until Monday night, as I was down by nine points with the Pittsburgh defense yet to play. Five sacks and a defensive touchdown later, I managed to squeak by Topher for my fourth straight win of the season.
The Cutler-to-Marshall combo wasn't half as effective as it's been in previous weeks, and I left big games from Clinton Portis and Edge on my bench while starters Marion Barber and Chris Perry combined for just six points. But aided by strong outings from Santana Moss and Oakland tight end Zach Miller, somehow, someway, it was still enough for my team to remain undefeated.
Waste of Space had good games from Adrian Peterson and Frank Gore, and a solid if unspectacular scoring output from Aaron Rodgers. The weakness may have been in the team's wide receiver slots, where Torry Holt, Chris Chambers, and Eddie Royal brought just 19 total points while Steve Smith was stuck riding the pine.
Warpaint Pubs (94.80)
Arrowhead Pride (88.18)
Nick got a big game from Tony Romo (32 points), a solid performance from Steven Jackson (24 points), and a pretty good outing from Anquan Boldin (15 points). Chris got a big game from Larry Johnson (36 points) and two pretty good outings from Donovan McNabb and Jason Witten (15 from both).
If only McNabb or Witten could have turned in a performance to match Jackson's, this one may have turned out differently for Arrowhead Pride. Oh, cruel fates.
The Runnamuckers (123.08)
Arrowhead Addicts (105.76)
With Brett Favre as his starting quarterback, Adam must have been thrilled to hear of the six touchdown passes Favre threw on Sunday. But he was probably a little less excited to learn that C.E. was starting Laveranues Coles, who caught three of them.
For that matter, C.E. was also starting Kurt Warner, whose team was on the wrong end of Favre's touchdowns. That meant Warner had to air it out to stay in the game, and the result was nearly 30 points. Although he was still worth about 20 fewer points than Favre, Warner and Coles together managed to offset Favre's big day.
Arrowhead Addicts still had a chance at victory, especially with LaDainian Tomlinson finally returning to form. But negative points from Ryan Grant and a defense on its bye week took their toll, while the Runnamuckers got solid outings from Antonio Gates, Lee Evans, and Isaac Bruce as they took their second straight win.
Team Pat is God (98.84)
Sphinx Domination (66.30)
David Garrard and Greg Jennings both had big games, and nice outings from Jamal Lewis and Tony Gonzalez were the icing on the cake as Team Pat Is God made it two in a row with the blowout win of the week.
It was a bad week for Sphinx Domination's running backs, as league-leading rusher Michael Turner managed just a five-point performance in a loss to Carolina. Felix Jones didn't earn Darren a single point, as the Cowboys apparently forgot their first-round pick is capable of running the football.
Week Four Transactions:
- I dropped the injured Jeremy Shockey and picked up Dolphins' tight end Anthony Fasano.
- C.E. dumped Eli Manning for Isaac Bruce.
- Topher made two moves, swapping Derek Anderson for Aaron Rogers and dumping Patriots' tight end Benjamin Watson for the Broncos' Eddie Royal.
- Just before game-time, Pat dropped Donte' Stallworth for David Garrard.
1. We Play To Win The Game 4-0-0 479.10
2. The Runnamuckers 2-2-0 418.44
3. Sphinx Domination 2-2-0 392.84
4. Warpaint Pubs 2-2-0 370.78
5. Waste of Space 2-2-0 366.22
6. Team Pat is God 2-2-0 353.00
7. Arrowhead Addicts 1-3-0 374.40
8. Arrowhead Pride 1-3-0 359.88
Week Five Preview:
(1) We Play To Win The Game vs. (6) Team Pat is God
(2) The Runnamuckers vs. (5) Waste of Space
(3) Sphinx Domination vs (4) Warpaint Pubs
(7) Arrowhead Addicts vs. (8) Arrowhead Pride
WPI Fantasy League: Week 4
WarpaintIllustrated.com Top Stories
Packers Acquire Davis; Place Shields on IRKnile Davis goes from fourth on the depth chart in Kansas City to a key role with the short-handed Packers. He is big and fast but to this point has failed to put it all together.
Week 6 NFL DFS: DraftKings Secret StarsHave you experienced the fun of Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS)? We have some recommendations for you if you're interested in participating in contests over at DraftKings. With just a…
Week 6: Four Bewildering BackfieldsEvery week, Fantasy Football Expert Mark Morales-Smith examines the most turbulent backfields in the NFL to help decipher whether or not there are any Fantasy stars in the making.
Three Backfields With Question MarksEvery week, Fantasy Football Expert Mark Morales-Smith examines the most turbulent backfields in the NFL to help decipher whether or not there are any Fantasy stars in the making..…