- Michael Ash of WPI (We Play To Win The Game)
- Nick Athan of WPI (Warpaint Pubs)
- Adam Best of ArrowheadAddict.com (Arrowhead Addicts)
- Darren Carter of WPI (Sphinx Domination)
- Pat Clifton of WPI (Team Pat Is God)
- Topher Dean of WPI (Waste of Space)
- Chris Thorman of ArrowheadPride.com (Arrowhead Pride)
- C.E. Wendler of WPI (The Runnamuckers)
Week 11 Recap:
We Play To Win The Game (98.84)
Waste of Space (78.98)
The battle between the league's first- and third-place teams contained a matchup of disappointing QB/WR passing duos. My Cutler-to-Marshall combo managed just 23 combined points, but they managed to out-duel Topher's combo of Delhomme-to-Smith, which totaled just 15.
Waste of Space's biggest producers were Frank Gore and the Giants' defense, the only slots on the team's roster that scored double-digit points. My attack was paced by Marion Barber and Brandon Jacobs, who averaged 20 points between them. The Pittsburgh defense – even without the last minute touchdown against San Diego – also contributed a solid score to my winning effort.
Sphinx Domination (78.96)
Team Pat is God (53.70)
Pat got 39 of his 53 points from Peyton Manning and Greg Jennings, but only one other player on his team – Jamal Lewis – scored more than 5 points. Sphinx
Domination got a terribly low 5 points from Philip Rivers, but bounced back strong with 22 points from Larry Fitzgerald and 20 points from Michael Turner.
Arrowhead Addicts (129.82)
The Runnamuckers (100.30)
Who can stop the path of rage? Why, Arrowhead Addicts can! In the shocking upset of the week, it was the underdog Addicts who put an end to The Runnamuckers' eight-game win streak. Ironically, The Runnamuckers fell victim to the same unfortunate scoring luck that the Addicts did a week ago, as despite their high score, they were matched up against one of the only teams in the league who managed to score higher.
C.E. got over twenty points from both Kurt Warner and Marshawn Lynch, and his special teams and defense contributed over twenty combined points as well. But it was ultimately his receivers who let him down, as other than 16 points from the Saints' Lance Moore, the rest of his pass-catching core – Lee Evans, Plaxico Burress, and Antonio Gates – combined for just 5 points.
Adam was led by a big 28 points from Texans' back Steve Slayton, with Brett Favre and Phil Dawson also cracking the twenty-point barrier. Strong games from LaDanian Tomlinson, Hines Ward, and Calvin Johnson not only helped Addicts pull away for the win, they climbed up out of the cellar and jumped up to sixth place.
Warpaint Pubs (100.52)
Arrowhead Pride (59.86)
Tony Romo is back in action and few are as excited as Warpaint Pubs, who've finally reclaimed their starting QB. After weeks of not producing as Pubs' starter, Romo finally came through with 11 points this week. But it was big games from Anquan Bolden and Maurice Jones-Drew, plus a strong 17 points from Dwayne Bowe, who helped lead Nick to the blowout of the week.
For Arrowhead Pride, it was the same old story. Chris got a solid effort from Donovan McNabb, who had the benefit of playing for five quarters last week. But no one else on the roster broke the double-digit mark, with Larry Johnson, Randy Moss, and Shayne Graham leading all the remaining scorers with 8 points a piece.
Week 10 Transactions:
- A slow week for roster adjustments. C.E. dropped John Carney for the Carolina defense and swapped Mushin Muhammad for Lance Moore, taking advantage of Moore's advantageous matchup with the Chiefs' defense.
- With a possible hole in my roster thanks to Clinton Portis' questionable status, I dropped injured Broncos' back Ryan Torain and picked up Portis' backup Ladell Betts.
*1. We Play To Win The Game 9-2-0 1188.32
2. The Runnamuckers 8-3-0 1109.06
3. Waste of Space 7-4-0 1019.02
4. Sphinx Domination 6-5-0 1063.66
5. Warpaint Pubs 5-6-0 926.08
6. Arrowhead Addicts 3-8-0 1046.80
7. Team Pat is God 3-8-0 809.26
8. Arrowhead Pride 3-8-0 806.52
* = clinched playoff spot
Week 12 Preview:
(1) We Play To Win The Game vs. (7) Pat Is God
(2) The Runnamuckers vs. (3) Waste of Space
(4) Sphinx Domination vs. (5) Warpaint Pubs
(6) Arrowhead Addicts vs. (8) Arrowhead Pride
WPI Fantasy League: Week 11
WarpaintIllustrated.com Top Stories
Three Backfields With Question MarksEvery week, Fantasy Football Expert Mark Morales-Smith examines the most turbulent backfields in the NFL to help decipher whether or not there are any Fantasy stars in the making..…
Chiefs Put Justin Houston on PUP ListWith roster cuts looming, the Kansas City Chiefs have placed All Pro linebacker Justin Houston on the Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list, meaning he won’t be able to return to…
Schwartz Brothers in Kansas City Makes SenseOn Tuesday afternoon, the Kansas City Chiefs will complete their first roster purge of the week. In order to get down to the league limit of 75 players, the Chiefs who cut eight…
Berry Signs as Chiefs Begin Roster CutsOn Sunday All Pro Safety Eric Berry, signed his one-year tender. That means today the Kansas City Chiefs coaching staff will get their first on field glimpse of their starting…