• TE Dallas Clark wasn't happy with the way the Colts played in their season-opening loss at Houston. But Clark thinks Indianapolis can battle back this week.
"There are a lot of phases of the game that we have to improve on. Everyone has to be critical on themselves when they watch the film and be honest with themselves and do what we need to do to make the corrections. If everyone takes that mindset, we'll be all right," Clark said.
• QB Peyton Manning was sacked twice and hit 10 times by the Texans.
"I don't know how much pressure we gave up, but I'm sure it was more than we'd like," said C Jeff Saturday.
• CB Jerraud Powers has apparently won the punt return job for the time being. Powers had never returned a punt in a game for the Colts until doing it against Houston. He had one punt return for 13 yards and had a fair catch on another Texans punt.
• The Colts still have confidence in WR Pierre Garcon, who had a couple of key drops and some mental errors in the loss to the Texans.
"I don't think Pierre is ever going to have a confidence problem. He made a couple of big catches, a couple of one handed catches down the sideline. Certainly there are some plays we'd like to have back," said QB Peyton Manning.
• QB Peyton Manning is ready to put the season-opening loss at Houston behind him. Almost. Manning knows that things don't get much easier with the New York Giants coming to Lucas Oil Stadium Sunday night.
"(The loss to the Texans) is what it is. It's one game, and it's disappointing. You put a lot of emphasis in to this first game to get the season started off right. We have won more opening season games than lost since I've been here," he said. "It's not a fun week of practice, but it's a fact. I think in practice this week we have to improve. We have a tough game coming up next Sunday night, so it's important to improve quickly."
• RB Joseph Addai had all of 10 carries against Houston in the season-opener. Addai spent most of his pass blocking for QB Peyton Manning, who had 57 pass attempts.
Addai, though, wasn't frustrated by his lack of work carrying the football. "It's whatever they give us. We fell behind so we had to go with the passing game more," he said.
• RB Devin Moore impressed as the Colts' primary kickoff returner against the Texans.
Moore is the team's fourth running back overall, but was the third running back for the Houston game as RB Mike Hart was a pregame inactive. He averaged 22.1 yards on seven kickoff returns.
"I thought Mike Pollak did a good job (against the Texans Sunday)," Polian said.
• Injuries to C Jeff Saturday and OT Charlie Johnson had some effect on the Colts' pass protection problems against the Texans.
"I think (pass protection) will get better as the season progresses," Polian said.
• LB Gary Brackett knows that the Colts have a lot of work to do in order to be ready for Sunday night's home opener with the Giants.
"There's only room for improvement. We know how to get better," Brackett said.
• DT Fili Moala is starting to feel more comfortable with the Colts. A second-round draft pick last year, Moala spent most of his rookie season as a pregame inactive. But he was in the starting lineup against Houston in the 2010 season opener.
"He's really starting to develop and come along," said Colts coach Jim Caldwell. "He and (DT) Antonio (Johnson) will certainly split a little time in there. Fili's been playing better and better."
"If I can't hit (Peyton), at least I can hit his brother," Freeney said. Eli was not sacked by the Colts in the first Manning Bowl game, which was won by Indianapolis 26-21 during the 2006 season.
Visit the ColtPower.com forums!
Follow ColtPower's updates on Twitter!
Take advantage of our FREE seven-day trial!
Player Notes and Quotes: Sept. 15
Colts Blitz Top Stories
Hooker Selected By Colts In NFL DraftFormer Ohio State safety Malik Hooker is off the board.
Buckeye SportsWednesday at 9:02 AM
Gators a Childhood favorite for Tyler BentleyTyler Bentley added one more SEC offer on Tuesday, when the Gators came calling. The Lakota West defensive tackle discusses his interest in Florida and why they are a school he is…
Fightin GatorsYesterday at 8:38 AM
Kendell's Final 7-Round Broncos MockAfter months of scouting the 2017 NFL Draft class, and covering the Combine, Nick Kendell reveals his final Denver Broncos mock draft of the season.
Mile High HuddleWednesday at 7:42 PM
7-Round Best-Case Scenario Broncos MockMHH Senior Draft Analyst Erick Trickel hands out his final mock draft of the year. In this version, Trickel examines the best case scenario for Denver at each pick.
Mile High HuddleWednesday at 11:44 AM
Broncos Schedule Breakdown: Part 2Will Keys goes game-by-game to break down the second half of the Denver Broncos 2017 schedule.
Mile High HuddleTuesday at 10:09 AM