Through the balance of the year, we'll also show you a season-to-date leader board based on accumulated points from Week Five through the end of the season so we can name a Power Player of the Year. We'll point out who moved up, and who dropped down as the defensive players rack up the points.
Congratulations to linebacker Cato June, our very first ColtPower Power Player of the Week!
POWER PLAYER OF THE WEEK
June ended two drives with interceptions. His first one in the second quarter was returned for a touchdown, providing the Colts with a 14-0 edge instead of just 7-0 at the half. His second interception in the third quarter ended a San Francisco drive at the Colts' 37-yard line.
THE REST OF THIS WEEK'S POWER PLAYERS
Mathis made four power plays, including a sack that ended a drive, a hit that helped create an interception, a tackle on third-down that forced a field goal attempt, and a forced fumble.
Freeney ended an early drive by forcing an overthrow, forced a fumble and a sack, and forced the quarterback to run away from him and right into the arms of a teammate for a sack.
4. Jason David (3 points): Knocked away a
third-down pass to force a punt instead of a FG attempt. Intercepted a pass.
5. Larry Tripplett (2.5 points): Applied the pressure that created David's interception opportunity. Recovered a fumble to end the 49ers' last possession of the game.
6. Marlin Jackson (2 points): Delivered a big hit that was worth a point on its own merit, but it also came on a third-down play to force a punt.
6. Mike Doss (2 points): Made a very nice diving interception on a deep wobbly pass.
8. Raheem Brock (1 point): Pulled Alex Smith down for a sack after Freeney forced him to step up in the pocket.
9. Montae Reagor (.5 point): Joined Tripplett in
forcing Smith to throw the errant pass that David intercepted.