Bruce – WR (St. Louis)
- The Rams released Bruce due to a double-digit cap number, though the team
remains hopeful they can resign the consistent veteran. The Detroit Lions,
Washington Redskins, Kansas City Chiefs, and Houston Texans are believed to be
interested, with the Lions and Redskins said to be posturing heavily. If Detroit
is the destination, talented but troubled wide receiver Charlie Rogers could be
on the way out of Motown.
Kevin Mawae – C (Jets)
- Mawae is going to be a hot commodity on the open market. The Dolphins,
Philadelphia, and Cowboys have shown an interest in the standout lineman. Miami
and Philadelphia have needs at the position, while Dallas is an interesting
destination due to Mawae's tie to head coach Bill Parcells.
Ramsey – QB (Washington)
- Ramsey has been given permission to visit teams, in hopes of getting a deal
done. The Redskins refuse to release the young quarterback and will ultimately
take a mid-round draft selection for him. The Dolphins and Jets have been
talking with the Redskins and Ramsey.
Daunte Culpepper – QB (Minnesota)
- Daily the story changes regarding Culpepper's status. Today, Culpepper has
requested his release, and the team does not appear inclined in fulfilling the
request. Trade talks with the Dolphins and now we hear the Raiders could be in
Sam Adams – DT (Buffalo)
- The Dolphins have expressed a serious interest in the run-stuffing defensive
tackle, but it is the Cincinnati Bengals that may have the upper-hand in landing
John Abraham – DE (Jets)
- Denver would love to land the pass rushing defensive end to help their poor
pass rush, the problem is the Jets are seeking a first-round draft selection.
The Broncos have not been willing to part with the hefty price-tag at this time.