2. After battling a nagging injury last season, DE Dwight Freeney showed no signs of being slowed today. He put on a pass-rushing clinic no matter whether a rookie or veteran was lined up across from him.
3. Indiana University rookie linebacker Kyle Killion looked very sharp as an adversary during pass blocking drills, blowing through some attempted blocks by running backs.
4. Former Purdue WR John Standeford pulled in a long pass at the expense of last year's number two pick, CB Kelvin Hayden.
5. While LB Keith O'Neil, LB Kyle Killion and DL Marcus West had some problems with the heat in the morning practice, all three returned for the afternoon session. WR Brandon Stokley (pictured, right), like many other Colts players, did his best to stay cool in the heat and humidity.6. Wide receiver Reggie Wayne was accidentally poked in the eye by cornerback Jason David during Monday's afternoon practice. He came out for a few plays but went back in.
7. TE Ben Utecht was running with the first-team offense during the morning practice. He was one of the starters in the Colts' regular season opener versus the Ravens last season before breaking three ribs while throwing a block.
8. Shades of Edgerrin James, one of rookie running back Joseph Addai's big runs of the day came off of the stretch play that Peyton Manning and James had made famous around NFL circles. Adai ran well in the morning practice, breaking off some substantial gains. He didn't have as much success early on with his pass blocking, but it quickly improved as the day wore on. After the big run off the stretch play, fans were shouting, "Addai, Addai, Addai!!"
9. CB Kelvin Hayden and S Mike Doss left the Monday afternoon practice early. There was no word on whether or not it was due to heat-related problems.
10. Rookie free agent LB Brandon Hoyte, an undrafted rookie out of Notre Dame also made his presence known today. He looked good during the team's morning pass protection drills and during an inside run drill. He really popped veteran RB James Mungro on one play.
ColtPower Insiders will enjoy our "Top Ten" reports every day of training camp. Don't miss out on these detailed reports and your opportunity to ask questions in our Insiders Forum that our staff will answer for you! Click the "7-day Free Trial" in our banner at the top of the page. Annual subscribers get a full year of Sports Illustrated included with their subscription.