Five most important things for the Texans:
1. Don't give up. The Texans gave an inspired performance despite not having much to play for. They fought toe to toe, and just came out short in the end.
2. Make Peyton Manning feel the turf. The Colts quarterback had plenty of time to throw, and thus had a big day through the air.
3. Block Dwight Freeney. Freeney had two sacks and was constantly harassing Sage Rosenfels.
4. Run the ball. The Texans ran the ball well against a Bob Sanders-less Colts team as they had 177 yards on the ground led by Steve Slaton's 156 yards on just 14 carries.
5. Sage must play smart. Rosenfels only threw one interception, but he only attempted 18 passes.
What to look for:
1. Look for at least one sack by Dwight Freeney. Freeney doubled that number.
2. Look for a big game by Owen Daniels. Not a big game by Daniels, just one catch for 14 yards.
3. Look for Bob Sanders to make an impact. He did, by not playing. Without Sanders, the Colts can't tackle anyone.
4. Look for 300+ yards passing by Rosenfels. The game plan wasn't for Rosenfels to throw the ball much, and he finished with 192 yards passing.
5. Look for a big special teams play by Houston. Jacoby Jones had a 39-yard punt return, and the Colts Pierre Garcon and Chad Simpson each had 46-yard kickoff returns.
What We Learned Against Indy
Colts Blitz Top Stories
2017 Indianapolis Colts OutlookShawn Childs provides an in-depth preview of the Indianapolis Colts heading into the 2017 Fantasy Football season.
Can Denver Avoid Oakland's QB Trappings?The Raiders made Derek Carr the highest-paid player in NFL history on Thursday, but now they must change their financial approach to roster building, while the Broncos are getting…
Mile High HuddleFriday at 5:11 AM
Colts draft Zach Banner in the fourth roundOffensive lineman Zach Banner gets the call, being drafted in the fourth round, No. 137 overall, by the Colts.
Film Room: Jake Butt Does It AllThe Broncos took a late-round flyer on Jake Butt, and they just might be getting a complete player in return. Will Keys examines the film.
Mile High Huddle06/20/2017