* The Cowboys finished the game with 134 rushing yards – the second-most this season behind the 141 against Tennessee (10/10).
* Dallas' five touchdowns today was the most this season and the most for the team since ringing up five against Seattle (11/1/09).
* Miles Austin's touchdown catches today gave him 19 for his career to pass Alvin Harper and tie Butch Johnson for 14th in club history.
* Dez Bryant caught three passes for eight yards and a touchdown today. His three catches brought his season total to 44 which ties Antonio Bryant (2002) for the most receptions by a Cowboys rookie. Bob Hayes (1965) has the record with 46.
* Bryant now has six receiving touchdowns on the season which is a team-best and ties Antonio Bryant for the second-most by a rookie in Cowboys history. Hayes has the record with 12. Overall this season, Dez Bryant has eight overall touchdowns to tie Calvin Hill (1969) for the fourth-most by a club rookie.
* Jon Kitna's 24 attempts today upped his career pass attempts total to 4,272 and allowed him to pass Sonny Jurgensen (4,262) for 35th all-time. In throwing for 147 yards today, Kitna now has 28,466 passing yards for his career to pass Trent Green (28,475) for 41st.
* Kitna's three touchdown passes today gave him 162 for his career to pass Joe Theismann, Earl Morrall, Jake Plummer and Jeff Garcia and tie Trent Green for 58th. It also marked the first time that Kitna had back-to-back games with three-or-more touchdowns since a three-game streak spanning the final two weeks of 2006 and the 2007 opener while with Detroit.
* Kitna finished the game with a passer rating of 129.7, his second straight week with a rating over 120 – his first such streak since a 127.6 rating (with Cincinnati, 10/27/02) followed by a 146.8 (11/3/02). It was his first back-to-back 100-plus rating since 2007 (with Detroit, 9/23 and 9/30).
* Kitna also rushed four times for 40 yards with a 29-yard touchdown. His 29-yard touchdown was the longest rush of his career (previous was at the N.Y. Jets, 12/6/98) and his 40 rushing yards was a single-game career-best.
* Sean Lee forced his first career fumble today – one that was recovered by Jason Hatcher which led to a Dallas touchdown.
* Mat McBriar landed two punts inside the 20-yard line today to give him 146 career punts downed inside opponents' 20 to break a tie with Danny White for the second-most in club history behind Mike Saxon's 166.
* Bryan McCann had a 97-yard punt return for a touchdown today for the second-longest punt return and the second-longest by a rookie in club history. Dennis Morgan (98 yards at St. Louis, 10/13/74) was the longest.
* Along with his 101-yard interception return last week, McCann is the second player this season with two 90-plus yard returns for touchdowns in two-or-less consecutive games – Leon Washington (N.Y. Jets) had a 99-yard kickoff return for a touchdown and a 101-yard kickoff return for a touchdown at Miami (9/26). McCann is the first rookie to accomplish the feat since Devin Hester had a 94-yard kickoff return for a touchdown, followed by a 96-yarder for a score on Dec. 11, 2006.
* McCann's punt return for a touchdown was the third punt return score for Dallas this season (Dez Bryant – 2) which establishes a single-season team record.
* Terence Newman's interception today was the 25th of his career to break a tie with Chuck Howley for sole possession of ninth in club history.
NOTES: Cowboys 2-0 under Garrett
CowboysHQ Top Stories
Cowboys 1st + 10: Bigger-In-Texas Dinner BillThe Cowboys head to Nick and Sam’s for their rookie dinner and inflate the restaurant’s profit margin. Dak Prescott is shunning talk shows for family and David Irving proves the…
Cowboys STARCast: Who Has Tony Romo's Back?Cowboys STARCast: Does anyone have Tony Romo's back?
CowboysHQFriday at 12:19 PM
Cowboys Soup To Nuts: In Dez + Romo KitchenInside Cowboys, Soup To Nuts: Dez Cooks, Irving Surprises, Zeke's 'Scare,' Dak Fishes, Trade Factoids, Romo Throws Another Team Party
CowboysHQFriday at 2:43 AM
Exclusive: Inside The Cowboys Bonding DinnerExclusive: Inside The Cowboys 'Rookie Dinner' - An 'Amazing Bonding Experience' With Details That Fly In The Face Of Reports Of 'QB Controversy' Factions ...
CowboysHQWednesday at 12:37 AM
Cowboys Riding Takeaways To The TopThe Dallas Cowboys' 5-1 start is fueled on defense by a group of defenders that have learned how to create turnovers at key moments of ball games
CowboysHQTuesday at 4:39 AM