Cowboys Sideline Report: Mo Day-To-Day
- With Tyron Smith signing his monster Dallas Cowboys contract, social media blew up with rumors that Dez was unhappy. Well that didn't seem to be the case during Wednesday's practice. Dez seemed as happy and upbeat as ever, smiling and chatting with Terrance Williams as he walked on to the practice field. Didn't see anything out of the ordinary with 88.
Dez also talked one-on-one with Fish and expressed happiness about Tyron's deal. As Fish puts it, "Dez mostly seems upset at everybody thinking he's upset."
- Tony Romo returned to practice on Wednesday and had some good moments along with some bad moments. Didn't seem particularly sharp in 7-on-7's. At one point he threw deep to Terrance Williams and was picked off by Morris Claiborne. But he was accurate and efficient during team red-zone drills at the end of practice, making some nice throws and capping off the drive with a TD pass to Dez Bryant on 3rd & goal.
- On Tuesday, Caesar Rayford impressed me during 1-on-1's vs O-linemen. On Wednesday, he wasn't as eye-catching. However, during team red zone drills at the end of practice, he knocked down two passes at the line of scrimmage.
- Terrance Mitchell continues to impress. The rookie CB was the first player on the field aside from the kickers. Rarely does he give up catches during 1-on-1's vs the WR's, and it doesn't matter who he's going up against. Mitchell is quickly turning into one of my favorite players to watch.
- Rolando McClain was back at practice on Wednesday after missing part of Tuesday's practice with an upset stomach. During team sessions, it seemed as if McClain was in on every stop. Showed good instincts and awareness. Seems to be fitting in and learning quickly.
- With DeMarcus Lawrence injured, all eyes were on Tyrone Crawford.. And he didn't disappoint. Crawford was a handful for offensive linemen today, using his power and quickness to get into the backfield with ease. He's more of a strong-side guy. The Cowboys will need him to keep this level of play up now more than ever. ... Wherever he lines up.
- The Cowboys worked Kyle Wilber at DE some today (he's mainly been playing LB). He seemed comfortable. Got some nice push in 1-on-1 pass rush drills, and even got around Tyron Smith at one point.
- Morris Claiborne continues to win his ongoing battle with Terrance Williams. I already mentioned his interception while covering Williams earlier, but he also forced a couple of incompletions against him during 1-on-1's, knocking Williams to the ground on one play. However, Claiborne left practice early with a sore knee. Hopefully a sore tendon as the Cowboys are now listing him as day-to-day and he will not practice Thursday.
- Just as you think Jason Witten is going to start declining, he proves you wrong. Witten had another very good practice today, making several impressive catches, including a fingertip grab near the sideline with Bruce Carter all over him. Last week, Romo said jokingly that Witten will play until he's in his 40's. I'm seeing why every day.
- Rookie Zack Martin also continues to improve. On Tuesday, he struggled some during 1-on-1 pass-rush drills. On Wednesday, he did much better holding his ground. At one point, he didn't buy a move against Henry Melton, and even ended up putting Melton on his back.
CowboysHQ Top Stories
Cowboys Exclusive: Dez Bryant Gives AnswersStarcast Cowboys Exclusive - Dez Bryant Gives Answers To Fish ... Beyond The ClusterFest
Cowboys 100: Facts + Figures for 49ersThe Cowboys' showdown with the 49ers is right around the corner, so whet your appetite for football with our facts! Ever wondered what Garrett's record is without Romo and Dez?…
Cowboys Dez Hairline Fracture: The LatestCowboys receiver Dez Bryant says 'I might' when it comes to playing this weekend, even though the MRI has revealed a hairline fracture of the tibia in his right knee.
CowboysHQYesterday at 12:59 PM
5 FishTips: Cowboys Winning Gameplan Review5 FishTips: The Cowboys Winning Gameplan In Review
CowboysHQYesterday at 4:20 AM
Cowboys Rooks Shine Behind Battered O-LineCowboys Rookies Shine Behind Battered O-Line; Surgery Possible For La'el Collins
CowboysHQMonday at 4:58 PM