Cowboys 'Roof-Open/Doors-Closed': The Numbers
The Dallas Cowboys will go 'roof-open/doors-closed' tonight at AT&T Stadium. Some get-you-ready for Saints-at-Cowboys notes about what happens in the building under these architectural circumstances;
* Dallas is 2-0 with both wins coming against Washington on 12/19/10 and 9/26/11.
* The "roof open, doors closed" combo has the highest winning percentage (1.000) compared to roof closed, doors open (.750), fully closed (.565), and fully open (.417).
* Cowboys kickers are 10/11 when the roof is open, doors closed (Dan Buehler: 4/5; Dan Bailey: 6/6).
* Bailey nailed 6/6 field goals on 9/26/11, which were the Cowboys only points in an 18-16 victory.
* Opposing kickers (only Graham Gano, but don't tell anyone) are 4/5 when the roof is open, doors closed.
* Cowboys punters average 46.8 yards per punt; Redskins average 43.3.
* Romo is 22/36 for 255 and an INT with a 70.9 passer rating.
* The Cowboys' 2-0 record with the roof-open/doors-closed setup is bested by the Colts' 5-0 record in Lucas Oil Stadium, which is the only other NFL venue that can have its roof open and a lateral opening closed.
CowboysHQ Top Stories
Cowboys T. McClain + His Pal - His Big ToeARLINGTON - In preparation for tonight's Bears at Cowboys game, I go 1-in-1 with maybe Dallas' best player on D, Terrell McClain - and his new best friend, his so-far-cooperative…
Cowboys 1st and 10: The Front Four ShuffleEach weekend I provide 10 quick hits on the Cowboys. Marinelli is turning to his tackles to create an edge rush, the debate about Romo’s job security is a little insulting, and…
CowboysHQYesterday at 1:00 PM
Dallas Cowboys Fantasy Picks for Week 3Here are CowboysHQ.com's Dallas Cowboys Fantasy Football picks for Week 3 against the Chicago Bears (plus a Norm Hitzges special!)
CowboysHQFriday at 10:00 AM
Cowboys STARCast: 'Alpha Pup' Vs. The BearsCowboys STARCast: 'Alpha Pup' + 'Butterfly' + Big Changes On D Vs. The Bears - Hear from Tyrone, Jack, Church and Durant!
CowboysHQFriday at 7:05 AM