* QB Quincy Carter started slow but finished strong, driving the bus well enough for the Cowboys to win the game and passing for a career high 321 yards.
* RB Troy Hambrick didn't have great numbers on the ground but was effective enough to stay with it. Hambrick rushed 23 times for 60 yards.
* WR Joey Galloway was the big performer last week. This week it was Terry Glenn and third receiver Antonio Bryant who had big efforts. The
bottom line is the Cowboys are uncheckable as a group. Glenn had eight catches for 113 yards. Galloway had five catches for 98 yards and
Galloway had three for 43 yards.
* DT Willie Blade returned from a knee injury and made a big difference in the run defense against the Giants and Tiki Barber who tallied
just 41 yards.
* DE Greg Ellis and DE Ebenezer Ekuban had big games against a banged-up Giants line that started three rookies. The two combined for two
sacks. Ellis also had a forced fumble and a pressure that resulted in an interception.
* LB Al Singleton not only got his third career interception but he notched his first career touchdown with 41-yard return.
* PK Billy Cundiff kicked an NFL record seven field goals one week after seemingly being on the chopping block with a missed field goal and
a missed extra point.
QUOTE TO NOTE: "I just breathed, relaxed and kicked the ball. I felt I did my job. I am here to make field goals. I came through for my team when they needed me." -- PK Billy Cundiff on his sixth and seventh field goals that tied and won the game for the Cowboys.
Wednesday News & Notes
CowboysHQ Top Stories
Cowboys STARCast: 'No Romo Trade Talks'Cowboys STARCast: The Romo rift Is real ... As a source tells CowboysHQ.com that Dallas and the Broncos failed to engage in 'any real level' of trade talks involving the in-limbo…
CowboysHQYesterday at 6:22 AM
What A 19-Year Witten Career Might Look LikeJason Witten's new contract extension means that, if he can maintain his current level of play, he could go down as one of the game's true all-time greats.
CowboysHQYesterday at 3:00 AM
Dez Bryant On '3 C's' Of Cowboys OffseasonDez Bryant On The '3 C's' Of The Cowboys Offseason (Featuring Newly-Extended Jason Witten)
CowboysHQTuesday at 8:44 AM
Shaheen At Big Foot Unicorn; Cowboys NotebookCowboys 30-Visits Draft Prospect Adam Shaheen: Big Foot? Unicorn? Sidd Finch? Tight End ... Plus Other Cowboys Notes Featuring Tony Romo ...
CowboysHQTuesday at 3:30 AM