* RB Derrick Knight was released from the practice squad. The Cowboys plan to sign another running back to the practice squad.
* QB Vinny Testaverde is still throwing more passes than any quarterback in the league, however his efficiency is slipping. Testaverde is 12th in the NFC in quarterback rating and 13th in completion percentage. Still, throwing the ball is the best way for the Cowboys to move the ball, considering their non-existent running game.
* CB Jacques Reeves will start in place of the injured Pete Hunter. While he still has some growing up to do, the seventh round pick has impressed Bill Parcells.
Reeves played 89 plays against the Redskins, 66 on defense and 23 on special teams.
"I was pretty pleased with what I saw from Reeves overall," coach Bill Parcells said. "He did give up a couple of things, but he was on some things too. He had a full night's work.
Things don't seem to bother him too much. He seems to be able to take coaching and use it and play with self confidence."
* DE Greg Ellis is playing the best football of his career. The team leader in sacks the past two years with a high of eight last year, Ellis has three sacks in three games in 2004.
* SS Tony Dixon, whose ability to fill in for the injured Darren Woodson has been questioned since training camp, is one of the team's top blitzers. He is tied for the team lead in sacks with three.
* P Matt McBriar was supposed to be weapon for the Cowboys this season. So far he ranks 15th in the NFC in average with 37.9 yards per kick and 12th in net average with 34.4 yards per kick. He has downed six inside the 20 to rank among the conference leaders.
INJURY IMPACT: RB Julius Jones (shoulder) will likely be out seven more games. However, if another player gets injured, he might be placed on injured reserve, depending on whether the Cowboys need the spot.
SS Darren Woodson (back) is still shooting to return off the physically unable to perform list in time for the Oct. 24 matchup against the Packers.
G Gennaro DiNapoli (foot) is eligible to get off the physically unable to perform list for the Oct. 24 matchup against the Packers. The Cowboys will likely to take a few more weeks to decide whether to bring him to the roster or release him outright.
Thursday News & Notes
CowboysHQ Top Stories
'Citizen Kane' + Ranking NFL Players + ExecsOn 'Citizen Kane' And The Madness Of 'Ranking' Cowboys Players And NFL Front Offices
Cowboys QB Coach Wilson On Dak + RomoDallas Cowboys QB Coach Wade Wilson Dishes On Dak, Kellen, Kaep, Romo + 'Being 90 Percent'
CowboysHQFriday at 4:35 AM
Cowboys X-O's: Switzer Key To Unlock OffenseDallas Cowboys Grease Board: WR Ryan Switzer As An X-And-O's Key To Unlocking Offense
CowboysHQThursday at 6:26 AM
Cowboys OTAs: Your All-Access PassDallas Cowboys OTAs: Your All-Access Pass Inside The Star
CowboysHQWednesday at 12:45 PM
Cowboys RB Elliott Sidelined After Car WreckStreet-Legal: Dallas Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott Sidelined After Minor Car Wreck
CowboysHQWednesday at 12:14 PM