* FB Richie Anderson's pinched nerve in his neck has been a recurring problem this season. Anderson was placed on injured reserve Tuesday, ending his season. Coach Bill Parcells didn't know if the injury would require surgery.
"He couldn't make contact with anyone well," Parcells said. "He's been able to get through it, but I think it's bothersome not only to him but now to our medical staff and personally to me that I wouldn't want to play him."
Anderson is under contract for next season for $765,000, and Parcells has mentioned the need for a younger, faster player for Anderson's role.
Anderson battled through an injured-plagued season and finished with 55 carries for 234 yards and one touchdown. He added 25 receptions and 200 yards receiving. He was inactive for three games due to injury. He suffered a concussion, which was not linked to the nerve problem, against Baltimore on Nov. 21 and had a sprained knee early in the season.
* FB Lousaka Polite, promoted from the practice squad this week, will see action against the Giants Sunday. Polite, WR Tom Crowder and DT Tron LaFavor signed contract extensions through 2005.
* DT DeVone Claybrooks has been added to the injury report as probable with the flu-like symptoms.
* WR Patrick Crayton is another player Bill Parcells likes for the future, despite being inactive for two of the previous three games.
Crayton had two catches on the game-winning drive against Washington, a 15-yarder on fourth-and-10 and a 39-yard TD catch.
"How do you get down on a rookie quarterback from a Division III school that made my team?," Parcells said. "He's a puppy! How do you get down on him?"
Crayton, a seventh round pick, played at NAIA Northwestern Oklahoma, where he was a quarterback, receiver and kick returner with 5,688 all-purpose yards over four seasons. He scored 46 touchdowns -- 17 passing, 17 receiving, 10 punt returns and two kickoff returns.
* RB Julius Jones is the Cowboys' recipient of the Ed Block Courage Award, selected by teammates for commitment the principles of courage and sportsmanship.
Friday News & Notes
CowboysHQ Top Stories
Cowboys Fantasy /Injury Notes for Week 14Here are my Top 5 Dallas Cowboys Fantasy Picks for Week 14 against the New York Giants, plus Injury Notes
Cowboys v NY: The Mo, Dez + OBJ TriangleYou don’t know how much you miss Mo Claiborne until you know what Odell Beckham Jr. traditionally does to a No-Mo Cowboys defense. The Mo-OBJ-Dez Triangle, part of our Cowboys-at…
Cowboys 100: Facts + Figures for Giants IIThe Cowboys take on the Giants for a rematch to avenge the Week 1 loss and lock up the NFC East title. Here are some stats to keep an eye on: 'Cowboys 100' - Facts, Figures and Hot…
CowboysHQYesterday at 8:27 AM
Cowboys Draft: WR John Ross A Fit With DezCowboys Draft Scouting - Our View: Drafting John Ross To Replace Terrance Williams Can Provide More Consistency Across From Dez Bryant For Dallas
CowboysHQWednesday at 3:07 PM