- The Atlanta Falcons and free agent return specialist Allen Rossum (Falcons) have agreed to terms of a multi-year contract.
Rossum also conisderd an offer from the San Diego Chargers.
- The Arizona Cardinals had visits from free agents linebacker Ed Hartwell (Ravens) and defensive end Chike Okeafor (Seahawks) on Saturday.
The club is looking for a replacement for long-time starting middle linebacker Ronald McKinnon and is also looking for help opposite end Bert Berry.
- New England Patriots outside linebacker Roosevelt Colvin has restructured his contract saving the team over $1 million dollars against the 2005 salary cap.
- Mitchell Frankel, the agent for free agent wide receiver Travis Taylor (Baltimore) has informed the Minnesota Vikings his client would be willing to sign a discounted deal to play for the team.
- Contract negotiations between free agent offensive guard Cosey Coleman (Tampa Bay) and the Cleveland Browns are progressing. If a deal isn't reached over the weekend, Coleman will begin visiting other teams which are expressing interest in the young veteran.
- The Green Bay Packers have re-signed free agent offensive guard Brad Bedell.
- The Oakland Raiders have re-signed free agent defensive tackle Bobby Hamilton.
- According to an Associated Press report, the New York Jets and Washington Redskins have reached a deal in which both teams will swap receivers.
The Redskins will trade Laveranues Coles back to where he started his career and the Jets will trade Santana Moss to the Redskins.
The deal is contingent on both players passing physicals.
- The New York Jets are in pursuit of Ty Law and if they can come to terms it could spell the end of Donnie Abraham's tenure with the team.
- The Kansas City Chiefs are moving closer to signing Samari Rolle as discussions enter the final stages.
- The New Orleans Saints are targeting safety Dwight Smith for their secondary. Smith has made it known he would like to play cornerback and it is unclear where the Saints see him fitting in.
- The Miami Dolphins have reached a two-year deal with free agent defensive end Vonnie Holliday (Chiefs).
New Team Checking Out Smith
CowboysHQ Top Stories
Cowboys T. McClain + His Pal - His Big ToeARLINGTON - In preparation for tonight's Bears at Cowboys game, I go 1-in-1 with maybe Dallas' best player on D, Terrell McClain - and his new best friend, his so-far-cooperative…
Cowboys 1st and 10: The Front Four ShuffleEach weekend I provide 10 quick hits on the Cowboys. Marinelli is turning to his tackles to create an edge rush, the debate about Romo’s job security is a little insulting, and…
CowboysHQYesterday at 1:00 PM
Dallas Cowboys Fantasy Picks for Week 3Here are CowboysHQ.com's Dallas Cowboys Fantasy Football picks for Week 3 against the Chicago Bears (plus a Norm Hitzges special!)
CowboysHQFriday at 10:00 AM
Cowboys STARCast: 'Alpha Pup' Vs. The BearsCowboys STARCast: 'Alpha Pup' + 'Butterfly' + Big Changes On D Vs. The Bears - Hear from Tyrone, Jack, Church and Durant!
CowboysHQFriday at 7:05 AM