* After the season's first three weeks, the Cowboys are fifth in the NFL (third in the NFC) in total offense with an average of 365.0 yards per game. Dallas is 18th in the NFL (ninth in the NFC) in rushing (98.0 yards per-game). With an average of 267.0 passing yards per game, Dallas is fifth in the NFL in passing (second in the NFC).
* After opening the season with the best third down conversion rate in the NFL (7-of-11 for 63.6 percent at San Diego), Dallas converted 41.2 percent of its third-down tries against Washington and 46 percent (6 of 13) of its tries at San Francisco. The Cowboys are currently second in the NFL with an overall third down conversion rate of 48.8 percent.
* Dallas opened the season by attempting 69 straight passes without an interception. Dallas' season-opening win at San Diego marked the team's first game without throwing an interception in five outings - dating back to the Monday night win at Seattle on Dec. 6, 2004.
* Dallas is currently tied for third in the NFL in red zone production. The Cowboys have scored touchdowns on nine of their 11 possessions inside the opponents' 20-yard line.
* The Cowboys are averaging 21 first downs per game, which is tied for fourth best in the NFL.
* QB Drew Bledsoe has 40,658 career passing yards and needs 342 to become the eighth player all-time with 41,000. Seeks to post 90.0-plus passer rating for fourth consecutive game. Has 130.0 third-down passer rating, completing 75.9 percent (22 of 29) with three touchdowns vs. one interception. He ranks second in league with 8.67-yard average per pass attempt.
* RB Julius Jones has 20-plus carries in all 10 career starts. He had two touchdowns against San Francisco and the club improved to 3-0 when Jones scores two or more TDs.
* WR Terry Glenn seeks to post three 100-yard games in row for the first time. Among WRs with 10 or more catches, Glenn leads the NFL, averaging 24 yards per catch.
* WR Keyshawn Johnson currently leads the club with three TD catches.
* DT La'Roi Glover needs 1/2 sack for 70 career sacks, third-most among active DTs.
* LB Demarcus Ware had three tackles, including his first career sack against San Francisco.
* KR Tyson Thompson ranks third in the NFC with a 24.6-yard kickoff return average.
QUOTE TO NOTE: "I have some concerns but I do have some faith in the players we have playing there." - Cowboys coach Bill Parcells on his secondary facing Raiders receiver Randy Moss.
SERIES HISTORY: This is the ninth meeting between the Cowboys and Raiders. Oakland holds a 5-3 advantage. Oakland has won the last two meetings. The last was in 2001, 28-21 in Oakland. Oakland is one of only six teams that Dallas does not hold a series advantage over, joining Baltimore, Cleveland, Houston, Miami and San Francisco.
Thursday Notes & Quotes
CowboysHQ Top Stories
Cowboys 1st and 10: The Front Four ShuffleEach weekend I provide 10 quick hits on the Cowboys. Marinelli is turning to his tackles to create an edge rush, the debate about Romo’s job security is a little insulting, and…
CowboysHQYesterday at 1:00 PM
Dallas Cowboys Fantasy Picks for Week 3Here are CowboysHQ.com's Dallas Cowboys Fantasy Football picks for Week 3 against the Chicago Bears (plus a Norm Hitzges special!)
CowboysHQFriday at 10:00 AM
Cowboys STARCast: 'Alpha Pup' Vs. The BearsCowboys STARCast: 'Alpha Pup' + 'Butterfly' + Big Changes On D Vs. The Bears - Hear from Tyrone, Jack, Church and Durant!
CowboysHQFriday at 7:05 AM
Cowboys Shuffle D-Line; Do Sacks Matter?We know the Cowboys' pass rush is challenged. We know, thanks to CHQ sources, that a shuffle is coming this Sunday. So, historically, how much do sacks really matter to a team's…
CowboysHQFriday at 4:57 AM